• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: CB AJ Bouye close to deal with Panthers

Everyone knocking Bouye for PEDs has selective amnesia regarding Thomas Davis. Sure, he was suspended for the drug that helps you titrate off of steroids, but let's not pretend he wasn't taking them. And why did he take them? Because he wanted to be on the field. Playing takes a huge toll on these guys' bodies and more than making you stronger, PEDs help with recovery. That tells me this guy will do just about anything to be on the field, which means he's the kind of tough player that Rhule wants. He may only play half of this year's games, but I think he'll be a good, affordable addition to the team. He has played at a high level before, and perhaps with a better conditioning and rehab staff, he can stay on the field this year. At this point, we don't know. I'm choosing to be optimistic. 

Edit: And Mike Klis is one letter away from one of the all time greatest possible names for a public figure. 

Edited by Panther'sBigD
  • Pie 3
49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Person reported that it was a two year deal, but other than that I haven't seen terms yet.

I’ve noticed more two year deals have been handed out when we’re used to seeing one year deals.

14 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I think he has a 2 game suspension but that’s not the worst thing in the world.

especially with a 17th game now. We still would get him for 15.

• Pie 2
12 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Looks like Jackson and Bouye starting CB’s

Today.

I'm still thinking Pride has a lot of potential considering he got thrown to the wolves last season. Having a veteran probowler and a full off season can't do anything but help him get better. Plus, this move does nothing to deter my hopes of getting a CB by day 2.

• Beer 2
1 hour ago, saX man said:

Strongly disagree. Pride looked really solid at times and had a decent mid-season stretch. Thomas-Oliver looked quite bad and there were a few notable games where the announcers kept mixing the two up. 

Umm yeah OK.  Well at least two other CB graded worse out of the 121.

image.png.306e2946fcaf4b397a7c422a33eee94c.png

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

This is all about taking value in the draft.  CB was the last glaring hole heading into the draft.  I had been drafting two corners in the majority of my mocks.  Now we don't have to reach for any needs.

Exactly! Not a long term piece, but a starting vet that fills the last major hole we had on our roster....we could've done a lot worse. 

I still hope we go CB in round 2. This move also should help Pride Jr with a knowledgeable counterpart to help with his maturity.....just stay away from the PEDs.

• Pie 2
4 hours ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

I’ve noticed more two year deals have been handed out when we’re used to seeing one year deals.

a lot of teams are structuring 2 and 3 year deals because of the lower cap this year.  It could mean we give him a deal that makes it easy to cut him next year, or it could mean we like him that much.  We'll find out in a year.

Do we know the cost? I’m a little concerned that we did a two year deal and that means guaranteed money and possibly a voidable year which you don’t need to do unless you paid a lot.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Do we know the cost? I’m a little concerned that we did a two year deal and that means guaranteed money and possibly a voidable year which you don’t need to do unless you paid a lot.

Keep watching Aaron Wilson's Twitter. He always has contract info as soon as it becomes available.