• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "focused in" on Pitts?

Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, I agree with you although I would say he could be worth pick 8 if the LTs and Chase were gone. I was more saying trading up is ridiculous for a guy who likely would be target #4. Kelce and Waller were their team’s #1 targets.

We also play under an OC that doesn’t utilize TEs. Not that he couldn’t adjust but he’s definitely focused on WRs way more. That’s why I’d go with Chase way before Pitts. That said I think Chase is destined for Cincinnati.

I'm not opposed to Pitts either, just trading up for him and taking him over more premium position guys.  A lot of dominoes have to fall for him to be my pick at #8, but if that scenario actually unfolded, I wouldn't be upset at all. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, top dawg said:

You see the thing about Pitts is that he is absolutely a matchup nightmare in the truest sense of the word. I can't emphasize that enough. He's the kind of guy that will likely have to be doubled a marked percentage of the time. Otherwise he's going to go off. With credible receivers and a legit versatile threat at RB, the addition of Pitts makes an offense damned near unstoppable. With any semblance of effective QB play, the sky is the limit. 

Yep. Usually the idea of a tight end in the 1st would make me furious, but Pitts is different.  Barring injury and barring work ethic issues, he is as much of a guarantee of a great player as there ever is.  He's just not even fair, and I'd love to have him on our team and not the Falcons.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I smell a smoke screen. 

Blowing Smoke Smoking GIF by The Weeknd

I sometimes wonder when Varge puts out this stuff it's because information has been intentionally leaked to her source and it finds it's way to the Huddle.  Not to say that her source is giving her bad info, but that the person the source is getting the info from in the Panthers organization is carefully tossing out these nuggets. I know, a bit conspiracy theory-ish, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Blowing Smoke Smoking GIF by The Weeknd

I sometimes wonder when Varge puts out this stuff it's because information has been intentionally leaked to her source and it finds it's way to the Huddle.  Not to say that her source is giving her bad info, but that the person the source is getting the info from in the Panthers organization is carefully tossing out these nuggets. I know, a bit conspiracy theory-ish, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

7727640F-CB92-41FA-8C44-9A9BC912D1BD.gif.579b788f258ef4280f628a52c4cbf873.gif