• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

So by that logic, we're not sold on DJ Moore either?

Seriously, if we were as iffy on Sam Darnold as you seem to think we are, why the hell did we trade for him at all?

(and no, he isn't a "just in case"; that whole notion is ridiculous)

He was the best bad option available at the time and we are expecting the QBs we would like at #8 to not be available at #8. Hence why Darnold's presence should have no impact on what we do at #8. If a QB we like but didn't expect to be available is available, draft him.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It makes no sense because we're keeping our options open. If they're bluffing they shouldn't have been openly talking about how they planned to pickup the option.

Did I miss something about them saying they planned to pick up the option? 

All they’ve said at least publicly to my knowledge was that they’re focused on the draft right now

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Did I miss something about them saying they planned to pick up the option? 

All they’ve said at least publicly to my knowledge was that they’re focused on the draft right now

Joe Person reported after the trade that the Panthers were picking up the option, so take that for whatever it's worth considering the source.

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Never said that.

You talked about passing on a quarterback who would have been good. That's not guaranteed.

If you take a first round quarterback and Darnold turns out good, you've wasted a number eight overall pick on a backup when you could have solidified another starting position.

If you take a first round quarterback and he's not good, you've screwed yourself out of two positions.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He was the best bad option available at the time and we are expecting the QBs we would like at #8 to not be available at #8. Hence why Darnold's presence should have no impact on what we do at #8. If a QB we like but didn't expect to be available is available, draft him.

yep, Sam was option # 3 of the offseason.   And we had to do something given how we did Teddy while looking at option #1 and #2. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the way you see it.

As I've mentioned many times, the Panthers don't necessarily see things the way you do.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You talked about passing on a quarterback who would have been good. That's not guaranteed.

If you take a first round quarterback and Darnold turns out good, you've wasted a number eight overall pick on a backup when you could have solidified another starting position.

If you take a first round quarterback and he's not good, you've screwed yourself out of two positions.

I'd rather draft a talented QB that might struggle to get on the field because of talent in front of him.......than do it with a RB, LB, DT, etc.  Which we have gone into the draft and done....in the first round. 

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

trying to think if there is a first round pick we have made that I disliked more at the time than I will Horn at #8.....and I'm coming up with nothing....

I hated the Vernon Butler pick and wanted a Henry. Waste of a fuging pick and it still bums me out. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

yep, Sam was option # 3 of the offseason.   And we had to do something given how we did Teddy while looking at option #1 and #2. 

I don't think he was as high as #3. Watson seems clearly #1. Then we made a significant trade offer for Stafford. And it was reported that we at least reached out to Miami about #3 overall.

I would prefer Sewell

If that's not possible then a trade down

But if horn is the pick, it's not the end of the world. Kids the most athletic corner in this draft and he's extremely competitive. He grew up with money so to get to this point he has to be intrinsically motivated. It would be a pick that would shore up a very important position for the next 6-7 years.