• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Verge's Draft Day Thread" or some such.

Verge

1 minute ago, Ship said:

@Verge Any news on what Detroit is gonna do? Assuming Fields is falling and the Broncos are out on a trade up now, who else could come calling or are they more likely to sit and take Sewell now?

I think they really really want to trade down. 

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, Verge said:

It's one of the first times in a while I feel really good about the Panthers in the draft, like no matter who they take at 8 I am happy about it. Unless it's Farley because that would be pretty high for a medical risk like that. Plus not having Hurney make the pick is relief within itself. 

Hurney in the 1st was the one thing he did that I always felt comfortable about. The man could land a damn player in the 1st round. He just couldn't do anything else.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, DFive said:

Hoping Fields is there at 8 and we pull the trigger. I swear, people are sleeping on that kid and he’s gonna be a star. I was on the Herbert train last year and that worked out pretty well, so I’m trusting my gut again and rolling with Fields. 

Either way, this will be the most exciting and entertaining draft in a long time. I got my popcorn ready. 

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

I just don't see how we could operate under the assumption that Darnold is it...

Darnold / Walker / Grier / Stevens

That QB depth is abysmal, and Darnold is UNPROVEN and coming up on either the 5th year option + future extension -- that is a HUGE risk to skip on a QB like Fields, hell even Lance knowing we have a year they can sit, and we don't have to pick up Darnold's option. 

To me it just makes too much sense not to do. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1