• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Love Jaycee Horn and he was third on my board, but...

Proudiddy

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I know it has become en vogue to attribute that move to Hurney, probably because it makes it more palatable now that he's gone, and although we've never gotten a completely clear picture on that, last season Rhule and Brady went out of their way to tell anyone that would listen that Teddy was their guy who they targeted and brought in.

So, despite the FO changes, I am holding the coaching staff responsible for that.  TBH, in hindsight, I think Hurney had very little influence on the roster after Rhule was hired.

outside of the Clausen draft.  I always viewed Hurney as a yes man.  He tried to do what the coaches and owners wanted. 

Love the hook...not. 

Anyways, the Panthers brass obviously felt Darnold is a better player than Fields. Doesn't matter if you agree or not. - seriously.  

Horn was the best at his position in the draft.  Fills a huge hole on our young defense. Our defense got a whole.lot better, from the back to the front. 

This is a huge win. 

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

You have but you just choose not to believe it because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

I've never seen it confirmed that it was Hurney's move.

What i have heard and asked repeatedly was Rhule and Brady telling every play-by-play guy game in and game out last season that Brady has an existing relationship with Teddy and said if he got the chance to be an OC in the NFL that Teddy was the guy he wanted as his QB.

Since it didn't pan out and Hurney was let go, all of a sudden it's become some sort of revisionist fact that it was all Hurney's doing and I haven't heard any official account confirm that.

I have no narrative.  You have the wrong guy.  I want facts.  I want to know for certain who did what and why, and if I know that, I can't dispute it.  I dont give a poo about Hurney, and I've said numerous times that Rhule appears to be a great talent evaluator and developer as a coach, with the one caveat being, if Teddy was his guy and his decision, then evaluation of QBs appears to be a problem.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

I've never seen it confirmed that it was Hurney's move.

What i have heard and asked repeatedly was Rhule and Brady telling every play-by-play guy game in and game out last season that Brady has an existing relationship with Teddy and said if he got the chance to be an OC in the NFL that Teddy was the guy he wanted as his QB.

Since it didn't pan out and Hurney was let go, all of a sudden it's become some sort of revisionist fact that it was all Hurney's doing and I haven't heard any official account confirm that.

I have no narrative.  I dont give a poo about Hurney, and I've said numerous times that Rhule appears to be a great talent evaluator and developer as a coach, with the one caveat being, if Teddy was his guy and his decision, then evaluation of QBs appears to be a problem.

Real ones know Teddy had Tepper/Brady’s names written all over him. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I know it has become en vogue to attribute that move to Hurney, probably because it makes it more palatable now that he's gone, and although we've never gotten a completely clear picture on that, last season Rhule and Brady went out of their way to tell anyone that would listen that Teddy was their guy who they targeted and brought in.

So, despite the FO changes, I am holding the coaching staff responsible for that.  TBH, in hindsight, I think Hurney had very little influence on the roster after Rhule was hired.

Our best inside source said it was a Marty move. And I'd add that for whatever other responsibility you want to attribute to them, Rhule and Brady don't set or negotiate contract terms.

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

We got a new GM in Jan. 

I think most of the FO still largely all carried over though. All the player personnel folks and everyone else.  Plus the same influence of Tepper/Rhule/Rhule's staff.

A lot of that FO braintrust is still very similar. 

I won't be too surprised if that changes sometime after the draft.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think it will.  Hiring the new guy in Jan obviously prevented or limited the ability for a lot of change.   Draft was 3 months out. 

But I do think the decision voices at this stage, are very comparable to last year.  The FO is still largely the same.  Same people's input.  Coaches. Owners.  All the same info largely.  It's going in Fitterers ear and not Hurndawgs and the final say is his. 

46 minutes ago, rico6 said:

Panthers are placing their eggs in the Sam Darnold is the future basket. Which is just awful.

If the guy is nowhere near starter material you’ve essentially just washed your whole season.

And you lot swear how talent for QB can be had just about anywhere in the draft, right? A 2nd and 4th effectively leaves this team with like 3 draft picks next year. Yeah, that’s a mortgaged future if I ever saw one.

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that you and so many others, feel Fields is such a better prospect, and even say stupid poo like you believe in Fields over Darnold.  

I get ya like the kid. That doesn't make him a better prospect.  

There is a lot to like about Darnold.   I'm not sure that you can even envision how prolific our 9ffense can be with Darnold. You certainly don't act like ya even want to give him the opportunity.  You'd rather draft  the 3rd, 4th, 5th best qb in this draft and hope he plays better. That just fuging ignorant.  

This team needs to continue to be built. If Darnold doesn't step up and shine in this offense, it's not even close to being the end of the world.   The team will just insert another QB. 

FIELDS is so far from a sure thing, i didn't want our team touching him. 

Anyways, time to move on. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Our best inside source said it was a Marty move. And I'd add that for whatever other responsibility you want to attribute to them, Rhule and Brady don't set or negotiate contract terms.

Who, Verge?

I 100% believe her, but she is telling us what she's heard.  It can't be confirmed.

Whereas, we heard directly from Rhule and Brady over and over again, that Teddy was their guy and their decision.  So, we know that for a fact.  Now, I agree on the contract part, but if they said that's their guy and thats who they want, then I assume Tepper would've signed off on whatever it took to sign him.  From everything Tepper, Rhule, and Brady said last offseason through the season, it sounds like they were calling the shots.  I dont think its coincidental we heard less and less from Hurney after Rivera was fired. There was also the rumors that Tepper was ready to move on from Cam because he was seen as a holdover from Hurney/Rivera/JR's regime and he wanted his own guy to start fresh with (combined with the injury history, obviously).  That's what I'm going off of...  what we saw and heard from the team.

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Well that settles. Johnny and Billy have concluded from their basements that there’s no way Hurney is to blame for Bridgewater.

Can’t convince the professional dot connectors otherwise.

Quality post.  Way to get in the mud for no fuging reason.

Just now, pantherclaw said:

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that you and so many others, feel Fields is such a better prospect, and even say stupid poo like you believe in Fields over Darnold.  

I get ya like the kid. That doesn't make him a better prospect.  

There is a lot to like about Darnold.   I'm not sure that you can even envision how prolific our 9ffense can be with Darnold. You certainly don't act like ya even want to give him the opportunity.  You'd rather draft  the 3rd, 4th, 5th best qb in this draft and hope he plays better. That just fuging ignorant.  

This team needs to continue to be built. If Darnold doesn't step up and shhline in this offense, it's not even close to being the end of the world.   The team will just insert another QB. 

FIELDS is so far from a sure thing, u didn't want.out team touching him. 

Anyways, time to move on. 

I’ve not said a thing about Fields, clown.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Who, Verge?

I 100% believe her, but she is telling us what she's heard.  It can't be confirmed.

Whereas, we heard directly from Rhule and Brady over and over again, that Teddy was their guy and their decision.  So, we know that for a fact.  Now, I agree on the contract part, but if they said that's their guy and thats who they want, then I assume Tepper would've signed off on whatever it took to sign him.  From everything Tepper, Rhule, and Brady said last offseason through the season, it sounds like they were calling the shots.  I dont think its coincidental we heard less and less from Hurney after Rivera was fired. There was also the rumors that Tepper was ready to move on from Cam because he was seen as a holdover from Hurney/Rivera/JR's regime and he wanted his own guy to start fresh with (combined with the injury history, obviously).  That's what I'm going off of...  what we saw and heard from the team.

Zack, aka Roaring Riot.

Mind you, I'm not saying Bridgewater was forced on Rhule and Brady. Obviously, they agreed to have him be their starter. What Zack has said though is that Marty was basically the head cheerleader for bringing Teddy aboard.

Why? Well, while Rhule and Brady could be comfortable of keeping their jobs no matter how the season went, Marty needed the team to win now. Having a veteran as the starting quarterback was seen, in his eyes, as giving him a better chance to achieve that goal.

Didn't work out, of course.

But again, this is one of the reasons why I keep calling this year one of the rebuild instead of year two. Last year, Rhule was stuck working with a GM who was more interested in saving his own ass than building for the future.

Now, we've got two guys on the same page.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Quality post.  Way to get in the mud for no fuging reason.

For no reason?

You and others carry over this false narrative you have convinced yourselves of by connecting dots (which many of you are awful at by the way) into a lot of threads. 

For example, the Darnold move was immediately met on this board with “well Rhule also thought Teddy was the answer so blah blah blah he must suck”. I’m also not saying this directly to you but many here have given Rhule a few strikes for crap that isn’t on him.

A lot of people can’t wrap their minds around this year actually being year 1 (kind of) because some of that stuff. There’s a lot of false information that gets spread by a certain few “insiders” that doesn’t do this fan base any good