• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's pray these things dont occur

Agent Blue

3 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

You put way too much stock in what others think. The PANTHERS made what the PANTHERS thought were the best moves available to them. Again they have put in the work to craft a draft grade for each player they drafted, and they obviously disagree with this “common” idea that each of the players you listed were the better choice. 

It’s not apples to oranges. The simple fact again is that anyone can be great, and anyone can flame out. 

And again, why would you be sharpening your pitchforks when all you have invested in it is reading the opinions of media outlets who are paid to vomit their stupid takes all over Twatter. 

I am about wanting my team to win titles.

I could care less what others think.

Mac and Fields played elite in college.

If you pass on them and your QB flames out, that is GM/Coach firing material usually.

I actually wanted us to pass on them. I want to see what Sam can do.

But doesn't change the fact that its going to be bad news if that plays out like that.

37 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

1. Fields becomes a franchise QB with Sam flaming out

2. Jones becomes a franchise QB with Sam flaming out

3. Suritan becoming an elite CB and Horn flaming out

4. Slater becoming an elite LT and Christensen flaming out

Could keep going but these are the main ones

You must be really fun at parties

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

1. Fields becomes a franchise QB with Sam flaming out

2. Jones becomes a franchise QB with Sam flaming out

3. Suritan becoming an elite CB and Horn flaming out

4. Slater becoming an elite LT and Christensen flaming out

Could keep going but these are the main ones

Betting the 8 pick against the field is unrealistic. There will be pro bowlers even HOF players taking after the top 8 pick. The only way to prevent that is if you had a crystal ball or a time machine. I feel this is the best draft we have had in a while. Do you think Chicago would have picked Mitchell trubisky or even the panther picking CMC in 2017 over  Patrick Mahomes if they had a do over.  Let’s sets realistic goals. 

2 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

you can miss on any round if you are winning titles.

had Bill consistently missed on rounds 1 and 2 and didn't win, he would be fired.

So you can win titles missing in round 1?  I thought you said "you cant miss in round 1." Which is it?

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

I am about wanting my team to win titles.

I could care less what others think.

Mac and Fields played elite in college.

If you pass on them and your QB flames out, that is GM/Coach firing material usually.

I actually wanted us to pass on them. I want to see what Sam can do.

But doesn't change the fact that its going to be bad news if that plays out like that.

Oh really? I can’t think of one time in recent years a coach has faced backlash when a player they drafted high failed to produce. It happens all the time. 

22 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

a pre draft grade goes out the window once a guy plays.

sam could have had a perfect grade, but he has played like pure butt cheeks since being in the NFL.

we talking dead last or near dead last on all QB stats.

he has the talent and potential. but he hasn't come close to utilizing it much less maximizing it

He has a terrible 2020 season with no help, we all know this. 2019, still with no help, he had a better rating than Baker. They got Baker a better coach with protection/weapons and look at him now. 
https://www.ibtimes.com/best-nfl-quarterbacks-2019-ranking-all-32-starting-qbs-lamar-jackson-russell-wilson-2894543

We are stuck with Darnold now for better or worse, let’s just hope for it’s for the better!

6 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

Oh really? I can’t think of one time in recent years a coach has faced backlash when a player they drafted high failed to produce. It happens all the time. 

you missing the point.

it's not just missing on a high draft pick.

it's we need a franchise QB. there were two elite level QBs on the board and we passed over them.

that is a kind of move that will get GMs and coaches fired if what they choose to roll with at QB doesn't pan out and those skipped over players become elite.

42 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

its not just missing out.

it's a big miss. Obvious miss.

for example, no one could blame us for taking Cam in 2011, regardless if he sucked and another QB turned out awesome.

You're right. its not just missing out, it's YOU missing out. 

YOU are a big miss. Obvious miss

and yet, YOU WON'T be missed

Go Away GIF by NETFLIX

1 minute ago, Agent Blue said:

you missing the point.

it's not just missing on a high draft pick.

it's we need a franchise QB. there were two elite level QBs on the board and we passed over them.

that is a kind of move that will get GMs and coaches fired if what they choose to roll with at QB doesn't pan out and those skipped over players become elite.

THEY AREN’T ELITE QBS

Your personal distaste for Sam Darnold is showing here. 

2 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

THEY AREN’T ELITE QBS

Your personal distaste for Sam Darnold is showing here. 

Any QB that is projected to go in the top 5/10 picks is considered an elite college QB.

What you talking about? I was for not drafting Fields or Jones.

I want to see what Sam can do with Rhule and Brady.

Sam has a crap load of potential.

Edited by Agent Blue