• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What in the everloving fruit of the loom croissant butter is this?

Zod

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, it kinda supports that old saying:  Everyone has an opinion, just like they have an...

And the funniest part is that they will say the same things the next draft. They already have their content ready for 2022, just need to swap some names.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gantt comments...

Plenty of people questioned their decision to not take Justin Fields, and drafting a quarterback in the first round is the easiest way to earn forgiveness from a fan base — for a year or two at least.

But instead of rendering Sam Darnold moot, they did the thing his previous team never quite did.

Beyond using the first pick on Horn, the Panthers draft class was a symbolic hug for Darnold. It was a recognition that to make this thing work, they needed to protect their quarterback and give him plenty of parts to work with, without the crippling pressure of him feeling like he needs to save a franchise.

"All I want Sam to do is just take it one day at a time," Rhule said. "Everything for him doesn't have to be a referendum on whether he's a great quarterback or not. He just needs to come into the building and work everyday. I believe the quarterback position is really, really important, but I also believe great teams win. I think Sam is going to be as good as the guys around him, and we've tried to put a lot of really good players around him."

They have a pair of very good starting receivers in DJ Moore and Robby Anderson. But recognizing that Anderson's in the final year of his contract, they brought in Terrace Marshall Jr. and Shi Smith over the weekend, adding targets who can be cultivated and incorporated into the offense. There's also third-round tight end Tommy Tremble , who could be both protection and target.

They also recognized the need to protect Darnold, which is why they invested in tackle Brady Christensen and guard Deonte Brown. Whether Christensen can remain the left tackle he was in college remains to be seen (they're not committing to positions yet), but the Panthers line needed both youth and quantity.

Panthers.com

Good article by Darin Gantt. Thanks for posting it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let what go? Hilarious mental gymanstics to justify overlooking three years of some of the worst QB play in the NFL over that timespan?

What is Rhule supposed to say? "Yeah, we know the guy has sucked. We're hoping he doesn't suck for US."

No mental gymnastics required.  Clearly Rhule and his staff saw enough good in Sam Darnold to trade for him. 

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

No mental gymnastics required.  Clearly Rhule and his staff saw enough good in Sam Darnold to trade for him. 

"But I think he sucks, so they must believe that too because there's no way I could be wrong!" 🤬

• Poo 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Which, in his line of work, he should be.

He doesn't have to tell the media lies secretly. He doesn't have to tell them made up draft plans or actual draft plans. Furthermore I don't think did. Unnecessary. Other GMs wouldn't buy it, and it only misleads gullible fans.

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

No one is questioning what Rhule/Fitt believe, rather whether they are justified in believing it. 

Given the relatively short track record of both, I think it is fair to question their decision making. 

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

He doesn't have to tell the media lies secretly. He doesn't have to tell them made up draft plans or actual draft plans. Furthermore I don't think did. Unnecessary. Other GMs wouldn't buy it, and it only misleads gullible fans.

People can indeed be fooled, and frequently are.

Look back at our last GM for reference.

3 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

No one is questioning what Rhule/Fitt believe, rather whether they are justified in believing it. 

Given the relatively short track record of both, I think it is fair to question their decision making. 

By all means.  That has been going on here for years, done quite a bit of it myself.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

People can indeed be fooled, and frequently are.

Look back at our last GM for reference.

If you're making a claim that Fitterer is feeding the media false information about our draft then let me know your evidence beyond speculation. If you're trying to convince me that Fitterer was the secret source of some Panthers draft information, then I need more than your hunch. Did someone in the media tell you that Fitterer gave them draft information and told them not to name him as the source?