• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not

CPsinceDay1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31478988/washington-football-team-releases-long-starting-rt-morgan-moses

Moses has started every game for Washington since 2015, almost exclusively at right tackle, although he had to start one game on the left side in 2020. He often played through various injuries and over the years developed into a mentor for younger players.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Sign him to play RT and pay Moton to play LT. It’s not hard. 

LT Taylor Moton

LG Brady Christensen 

C David Moore

RG Deonte Brown

RT Morgan Moses

what a wall of beef !

CMC could rush for 3000 yards behind that bunch of steamrollers

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, BlitzMonster said:

I'd love the guy as would most teams in the NFL.  But his salary was 8.6M last season  I don't see that (or anything close) fitting under our cap.  

Most teams will have this problem at this point- He is still getting paid a little by Washington so He might sign a relatively cheap deal, especially if his phone doesn't start lighting up right away. If none of the few teams with cap space want him he may be available at a discount. I'm not sure How he'd work with Carolina---This would really depend on Moton be able to produce at LT (Honestly he can probably play it as well as the guys we have on the roster right now).

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Most teams will have this problem at this point

According to Spotrac there are 10 teams right now with greater cap space than Carolina.  But only three of these teams have 10M + more than we do.   So maybe you're right ??

SPOTRAC

Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 1

The issue, to me, is that if Washington's offensive line was so stout, it wouldn't be purging starters and replacing them with a rookie and a low-level starter from Chicago. Morgan Moses is not going to do more for our offensive line than what we already have, and we would have to overpay to get him. 

1 hour ago, Trainwreck said:

Sign him to play RT and pay Moton to play LT. It’s not hard. 

LT Taylor Moton

LG Brady Christensen 

C David Moore

RG Deonte Brown

RT Morgan Moses

It is hard when you consider that Morgan Moses would be taking the roster spot of an offensive lineman that is younger with more potential, while also taking up a significant chunk of the cap. Signing Moses could mean the end for someone like David Moore who would need that 9th or 10th spot for O-line. And David Moore's upside is much higher than Moses'.

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

The issue, to me, is that if Washington's offensive line was so stout, it wouldn't be purging starters and replacing them with a rookie and a low-level starter from Chicago. Morgan Moses is not going to do more for our offensive line than what we already have, and we would have to overpay to get him. 

It could be kind of a gamble for us. Will Moses be as good a RT for us as Moton was? Will Moton be as good at LT as he was at RT? Its possible...but... I definitely see your point.

1 hour ago, Trainwreck said:

Just get ride of Erving, Little or Daley.

They're not getting rid of Erving. Heck, they gave him a pretty good contract relative to some of the other signings.

And I'm curious, exactly how much money do you think Little and Daley are making on their rookie contracts?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

If you can sign him to a cheap 1 year "prove it" contract I'm all for it. He just turned 30, and has an injury history, so I'm not about it if it's not for the right price and is very long.

OP said he has started every game for WAS since 2015... so either him or you are lying..

also - im not interested enough to fact check - so fug you both..

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

OP said he has started every game for WAS since 2015... so either him or you are lying..

also - im not interested enough to fact check - so fug you both..

From what I've read, he sounds a little like Jonathan Stewart. Got a lot of little nicks and bruises but didn't miss any starts.

He's reported to have given up a career high 41 pressures last season though.

• Pie 2