• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Niners confirm the smokescreen

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He made Chinn look bad.

When does his HS job start?

He would have beaten UNC NC State and Duke last year if they played. 

Did I say him? No, I said his competition.

NDSU would not have beaten UNC. They barely beat Central Arkansas in Lance's only game. I'll never defend dook or state. fug them. They can lose to NDSU.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Let's take a look at the genius behind the concept of a smokescreen here:

1. Trevor---LOCKED IN

2. Wilson---LOCKED IN  Jets were not trading out unless it was for a team willing to pay for Wilson.

3.  OH, we better do some head bobbing and weaving here---maybe a juke step.  That is like trying to bluff with 4 aces.   If they played Jones to fool people, I hope Jones scalds their asses when they play.

So maybe they wanted teams to invest time into bringing in Lance etc. after they supposedly took Jones.  Who? The Falcons?  The Bengals and Dolphins were set at QB---Philly? Detroit?  Denver? 

I do not understand the strategy.

It was fun though 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He made Chinn look bad.

When does his HS job start?

He would have beaten UNC NC State and Duke last year if they played. 

That's not a high mark to hit. The ACC only fielded one P5 caliber program last year and that was Clemson.

Most of the league would have struggled against Coastal Carolina or App St.

Edit: Maybe Miami.

Edited by kungfoodude

1 hour ago, Aquemini said:

Alabama this season was head and shoulders above every other college team. They had a Heisman winning WR when was the last time a WR won Heisman? .. they had on top of that, more first round WR’s .. first round RB .. Jones is Stidham

So he is Stidham because his team was good--as if he had nothing to do with it.  So tell me, what results would a good QB have accomplished?  And if Smith did not win the Heisman, does that make Jones better?  Your argument is confusing.  Seriously--put Lance on this Alabama team and tell me how many yards per game he would have completed in your mind, and what percentage he would have completed.  Then tell me that he would have won the Heisman or caused Smith NOT to win it--which is what you are saying.

Here is your argument:

1. Alabama was "head and shoulders" above every other team in football.   (They were ranked #3 preseason--are you practicing a bit of 20/20 hindsight here?  The reason?  Jones was basically an unknown--limited experience--but they went to #1 and not #10, if that helps. And they became so good, you called them "head and shoulders" better--Jones was the key variable in that.

2. Smith won the Heisman as a WR with an average to poor QB.

3. Bama had 3 first round WRs--only 2 were active most of the season.  How did they accomplish that with a bad QB? 

4. Stidham was drafted in the 4th round, had 24 fewer TDs his senior year, and his completion percentage was 17% lower.  Uncanny similarities.

Facts are your friend.  Details matter.  Nobody is saying that Jones is going to be great, but nobody should be saying that his record numbers and awards means that his team was so good it covered his sucking.  That is ludicrous. 

Remember your opinion are no more than that--and repeating them does not make them facts.  You are not a football expert, and I am not either--which is why I support my arguments with relevant facts.  You don't.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 4
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

So he is Stidham because his team was good--as if he had nothing to do with it.  So tell me, what results would a good QB have accomplished?  And if Smith did not win the Heisman, does that make Jones better?  Your argument is confusing.  Seriously--put Lance on this Alabama team and tell me how many yards per game he would have completed in your mind, and what percentage he would have completed.  Then tell me that he would have won the Heisman or caused Smith NOT to win it--which is what you are saying.

Here is your argument:

1. Alabama was "head and shoulders" above every other team in football.   (They were ranked #3 preseason--are you practicing a bit of 20/20 hindsight here?  The reason?  Jones--could he get the job done---they went to #1 and not #10, if that helps.)

2. Smith won the Heisman as a WR with an average to poor QB.

3. Bama had 3 first round WRs--only 2 were active most of the season.  How did they accomplish that with a bad QB? 

4. Stidham was drafted in the 4th round, had 24 fewer TDs his senior year, and his completion percentage was 17% lower.  Uncanny similarities.

Facts are your friend.  Details matter.  Nobody is saying that Jones is going to be great, but nobody should be saying that his record numbers and awards means that his team was so good it covered his sucking.  That is ludicrous. 

The "better than everyone else" dart could be lobbed at just about everyone but Wilson. Lawrence, Fields, Jones and Lance all had star studded teams. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Did I say him? No, I said his competition.

NDSU would not have beaten UNC. They barely beat Central Arkansas in Lance's only game. I'll never defend dook or state. fug them. They can lose to NDSU.

That's this year.

I said last year.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's not a high mark to hit. The ACC only fielded one P5 caliber program last year and that was Clemson.

Most of the league would have struggled against Coastal Carolina or App St.

Edit: Maybe Miami.

The Tarheels beat the fug out of Miami, at Miami. Lol

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gotta give it to 'em, well played.

Honestly not sure what the point was, though. Once they were at #3, they had their pick.

They gave up THREE first round picks for the #3 overall pick.

Why are they bowing up and saying everyone bought their smokescreen now? I think we had a very lucky escape with Adam Peters. 

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

So what you’re saying is that a team ranked in the top 10 isn’t a legitimate contender?

I'm saying those rankings were pretty laughable since most of the conferences played in conference only(or pretty close). 

If you want proof of that, reference the 0-6 ACC bowl record. So, we basically finished the same way that Conference USA did. 0-6.

Frankly, even Clemson was probably a little bit of a paper tiger.