• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold's "Style of Ball"

I didn't write this article or share this article to troll those that are fans of Sam and/or optimistic of what he can do for this organization this year and beyond. Its a good read and was just a little too long for me to paste into here.

Below are the two topics the post goes over:

-Sam Darnold’s  style of ball may doom Carolina Panthers

-Sam Darnold’s typical style doesn’t translate to long-term success

-Can Sam Darnold fix his flaws to shine in Carolina?

Link: https://sportsnaut.com/sam-darnold-style-of-ball-doom-carolina-panthers/

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Its a poorly written regurgitation of  the same old  "Darnold throws interceptions"..."Darnold makes boneheaded decisions" crap.

I should save a link to all these, because though his stats were bad, from what I've seen, they should have been much worse.  

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

To be fair to Teddy he never lost us games.... he just never won them either.. 

You know I feel bad for Teddy.  I think he was always meant to be bridge for us between Cam and whoever came next.  He did about what everyone expected and the team did better than expected keeping us close with good teams.  If he closed the deal on any of those, or didn't fall apart at the end of the season... especially that last game, he might still be here.

• Pie 3

Just now, SBBlue said:

You know I feel bad for Teddy.  I think he was always meant to be bridge for us between Cam and whoever came next.  He did about what everyone expected and the team did better than expected keeping us close with good teams.  If he closed the deal on any of those, or didn't fall apart at the end of the season... especially that last game, he might still be here.

Exactly.   People here forget that it's Teddy' inability to TAKE CHANCES or SHOTS down the field that ultimately doomed his future here.   Had he been more aggressive, perhaps the 0-8 would've been 3-5 or 4-4 or something....and there wouldn't have been a need to go out and trade for Sam Darnold. 

• Pie 4

I agree he was a high upside low downside QB. I think the biggest reason people arer upset are for 2 things that are not his fault. 

1. He was the QB following Cam. 

2. He got paid more than what people felt he should have. 

The team threw a dart on him and it didn't work. Its the same situation we are in this year with Darnold. Taking flyers on high upside QB's is always worth it. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

Reposting these articles to start conversations and debates and such... not to bitch about the author that can't even see your message to improve his writing. Not the best article. But something to post. 

Excuse me but when you put up an article by some person on a site I never heard of(might as well be some random blog), and I see once again the same crap typed up that we see here, forgive me if I don't call it like I see it.

And my goal is not to have the author see it.

My goal is to give my opinion on said article and the article creator.

Sorry if you don't like that (but actually....no, I'm not).

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, glenwo2 said:

Excuse me but when you put up an article by some person on a site I never heard of(might as well be some random blog), and I see once again the same crap typed up that we see here, forgive me if I don't call it like I see it.

And my goal is not to have the author see it.

My goal is to give my opinion on said article and the article creator.

Sorry if you don't like that (but actually....no, I'm not).

Lol I didn't quote in it for this exact reason. Wasn't aimed at you. Just a general post. You are heard and understood. Enjoy your day sir. Keep Pounding!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

Lol I didn't quote in it for this exact reason. Wasn't aimed at you. Just a general post. You are heard and understood. Enjoy your day sir. Keep Pounding!

okay.   I'll take your word for it...this time.  😉

• Pie 2

He just has to prove “his game” wins the games that are on the line....he has the weapons now, doesn’t have to take those boneheaded desperation shots to WRs that are not capable of going up and bringing in contested shot.

His flaws are free game right now, till, or if, he can turn his performance from that nightmare franchise he was previously with.

Edited by 1usctrojan
  • Beer 3

32 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I didn't write this article or share this article to troll those that are fans of Sam and/or optimistic of what he can do for this organization this year and beyond. Its a good read and was just a little too long for me to paste into here.

Below are the two topics the post goes over:

-Sam Darnold’s  style of ball may doom Carolina Panthers

-Sam Darnold’s typical style doesn’t translate to long-term success

-Can Sam Darnold fix his flaws to shine in Carolina?

Link: https://sportsnaut.com/sam-darnold-style-of-ball-doom-carolina-panthers/

That is pretty much the reason that a portion of us are down on him in general. He didn't show much improvement from college to the NFL, nor did he during his time in the NFL. Eventually, that becomes the player and not the place.

Those doubts are very valid.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1