• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whatever happened to Earl Thomas?

Ja  Rhule

On 6/6/2021 at 4:07 PM, Ja Rhule said:

After an incident between him and the Ravens no one is even looking at him.  Did NFL blacklist him or something?  Would love to have him as FS.

6 hours ago, joemac said:

I don't think he was banging his brother.  Nothing wrong with a little double team action between bros.

Doing a eiffel tower with your brother is not cool.....

• The D 1

On 6/6/2021 at 4:12 PM, RandomPanthersFan said:

Any chance you could you sum it up for those of us who don’t have a subscription? I am curious about why he hasn’t been signed. 

The TL;DR version is: Earl has always been a strange character. It's part of what made him so great. He was Smitty esque in terms of competing. However, as we all know that can be a double edged sword. His play dropped significantly with the Ravens and yet his attitude got seemingly stranger, i.e. missing team meetings, leaving for vacation when he really shouldn't have etc.  He really didn't buy into the Ravens culture. Players went out of there way to warn other players for their franchise NOT to sign him. I can't recall exactly but in the article I believe Houston was about to sign him but ravens players scared houston players so bad they lobbied for them not too. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, SOJA said:

The TL;DR version is: Earl has always been a strange character. It's part of what made him so great. He was Smitty esque in terms of competing. However, as we all know that can be a double edged sword. His play dropped significantly with the Ravens and yet his attitude got seemingly stranger, i.e. missing team meetings, leaving for vacation when he really shouldn't have etc.  He really didn't buy into the Ravens culture. Players went out of there way to warn other players for their franchise NOT to sign him. I can't recall exactly but in the article I believe Houston was about to sign him but ravens players scared houston players so bad they lobbied for them not too. 

Yow. Blacklisted by the players.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

It was the Cowboys. They warned Cowboys players about him and they went to the team front office and said they didn't want to play with him. Once three separate rosters had essentially said they didn't want him around, his future in the NFL was nonexistent.

Think about it this way, that didn't even happen to Terrell Owens.

• Pie 1