• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold's QBR was higher than Tannehill's

SBBlue

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

Only RB drafted in the first round in 2011 was Mark Ingram.  Has played every season.  A bruising runner.   In his career, he has tallied 367 first downs on the ground. 

That is why Cam will always be a unicorn.   Cam is at 400+.  No QB has ever presented the threat Cam did for opposing DCs.  

*thats along with his NFL record TD benchmark.   Greatest short yardage weapon to ever play the game.   Because he also had the arm to make any throw in the book while threatening to truck any defender in the game (another feat no one has ever threatened opponents with).

Cam is one of the most unique offensive weapons in NFL history.

• Beer 2

18 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

According to @jayboogieman "Cam was a good QB for the most part during his time here." We can't even get our own fans to appreciate what Cam brought to the table.

The load we placed on Cam’s shoulders IMO was the biggest placed on any QB I have ever seen play in the NFL….

and Cam was the most entertaining player in our history.  By a wide margin.  Big gap between him and 89.  And there is another big gap after 89 IMO. 

Just now, CRA said:

The load on we placed on Cam’s shoulders IMO was the biggest placed on any QB I have ever seen play in the NFL….

For the most part, I agree. But you've got to admit there are, were, QBs that flung the ball all over the yard, because that was all they had on O. I mean, look at Stafford for instance.

But all in all, no QB has  ever been asked to do what Cam was .

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

It's football. Not life or death. Enjoy it, enjoy the big plays, enjoy the anticipation for the coming thing. Just enjoy the experience. After all. It's only entertainment.

If you get upset over every loss. After 26 years, you'd have an ulcer. Which could explain why so many folks seem, a tad....edgy.

If you find yourself upset over a loss, you may be taking it a tad too cereal. Life is tough enough. Losing a football game barely moves the needle.

I can enjoy the game for what it is. And walk away to get on with my life. Easy peasy.

Oh, and the Huddle is the bomb.

True, it's just football. Never said it was life or death or anything to get upset about.

As for it being entertainment, the key word is entertain. Watching "your" team lose is not fun. Generally if people invest any emotion or time into something, they like for it to pay off. With football, that means wins. The last few years under Ron Panther games have been background noise while I do other things like reading, playing a game, working, or writing, than something I actively watch. I paid a little more attention last year since there was a new coaching staff. I'll probably do the same this year.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

According to @jayboogieman "Cam was a good QB for the most part during his time here." We can't even get our own fans to appreciate what Cam brought to the table.

Just because I'm not saying Cam is the greatest ever doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he did. We're human, that includes Cam, all we can do is be good for the most part. Nobody is perfect.

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Just because I'm not saying Cam is the greatest ever doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he did. We're human, that includes Cam, all we can do is be good for the most part. Nobody is perfect.

Sorry dude, but anyone that can't see what Cam was? Kinda looses their get out of jail card.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

What would be preferred in a 20 year window though….

2 Super Bowl appearances…..or none and more consistent regular season records where we stacked consecutive winning seasons sporadically?   

Cam was a unicorn at the QB spot.  There simply was Cam.   No one did or has played from the QB spot like Cam IMO.   There isn’t a NFL comp. 

So, once a decade making the superbowl or more wins including back to back winning seasons, which should been more playoff appearances? More chances in the playoffs means more chances of getting to the superbowl. I'll take option 2.

Elway, Young, Roethlisberger, Moon, and McNair all played very similar to how Cam plays. And in case you want to say they more scrambling QBs than guys used as a RB. That guy that gave the Panthers fits for years that played in Atlanta named Vick would like a word with you.

11 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

What do you know....

a Darnold/Tannehill QBR discussion morphed into Pro-Cam / Not-so-Pro-Cam argument.

I guess this thread has run its course, huh?  

I have a sister-in-law who just can't help going off on tangents, we actually groan when she starts talking. lol 

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Pie 1