• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker - Offseason

Tinamedina

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

I just find it odd how people selectively fixate on shitting on PJ Walker......given what the rest of the QB roster looks like.  Like....why?

he is a backup QB....who came in and did his job the one time he was asked to start.   

if you are talking about PJ Walker.....it's a sign there are much bigger issues IMO.   Which we saw last year.   The bigger issue was we brought in someone to start that wasn't a NFL starter. 

I don’t personally like any of our qbs and don’t think any  are starting material. Honestly the backups aren’t even backups. I guess you can keep living in your fantasy world though!

13 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t personally like any of our qbs and don’t think any  are starting material. Honestly the backups aren’t even backups. I guess you can keep living in your fantasy world though!

I don't like our QB roster. 

But again, I don't get fixating on PJ Walker when it is brought up.   PJ was brought in be a backup.  That's it.  Nothing more.   There is no actual illusion there.   And frankly, he was brought in to be 3rd string.   

The others guys? We invested draft capital in.  We invested more of our salary cap in.  PJ shouldn't be leading this conversation. 

The QB problem last year wasn't PJ.  It was Teddy and Will being on the roster.   Now, swap out Teddy for Darnold.    

any 3rd string QB is going to be a "problem".....if he is sitting there behind what we are doing with the 1 and 2 spots. 

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, realistically, the only reason people really talk about backup QBs .....is because of the problem that exists at the starting spot. 

yeah, you talk about it if your QB gets hurt.  That's gonna happen.

But if you are freaking out about PJ Walker in July?  Well.....it's really a Sam Darnold conversation.   I'd prefer we just focus on fixing the starting QB spot instead of debating how good you think a 2nd or 3rd string QB is.   

tenor.gif

17 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

You're wondering why we are discussing PJ Walker in a thread titled "PJ Walker - Offseason"? 

I know why we are....

the reason there is a PJ Thread....is because Sam Darnold and Will Grier happen to be the the two guys we invested in.   So there would be a thread on whatever warm body was on the roster with them. 

There would be no PJ Walker thread this offseason.....if we invested differently at the top. 

I think you may be assigning to much cause to Sam & Will being on the roster which may be valid. I see most of the PJ talk as a reaction to the "PJ Walker will be starting by week 3 because Sam Darnold sucks" trolls. Different perspective.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I don't like our QB roster. 

But again, I don't get fixating on PJ Walker when it is brought up.   PJ was brought in be a backup.  That's it.  Nothing more.   There is no actual illusion there.   And frankly, he was brought in to be 3rd string.   

The others guys? We invested draft capital in.  We invested more of our salary cap in.  PJ shouldn't be leading this conversation. 

The QB problem last year wasn't PJ.  It was Teddy and Will being on the roster.   Now, swap out Teddy for Darnold.    

any 3rd string QB is going to be a "problem".....if he is sitting there behind what we are doing with the 1 and 2 spots. 

I said in another thread, the problem is not PJ Walker or Will Grier, it is PJ Walker AND Will Grier.  Darnold will either work out as a starter or he won't.  Behind Darnold, or Teddy, or whoever is the starter we basically have two #3 QBs.

I hope one of them steps up to be a legitimate #2.  If it is either of them, it will more likely than not be Walker, IMO.  But I am not convinced our end-state #2 is on the roster.  I have no idea how long it will take to have an end-state #2.  That could be problematic should Darnold wind up being the end-state #1.  That leaves a big drop off should he not get up off the turf at some point,and since our OL is another question mark.........

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I said in another thread, the problem is not PJ Walker or Will Grier, it is PJ Walker AND Will Grier.  Darnold will either work out as a starter or he won't.  Behind Darnold, or Teddy, or whoever is the starter we basically have two #3 QBs.

I hope one of them steps up to be a legitimate #2.  If it is either of them, it will more likely than not be Walker, IMO.  But I am not convinced our end-state #2 is on the roster.  I have no idea how long it will take to have an end-state #2.  That could be problematic should Darnold wind up being the end-state #1.  That leaves a big drop off should he not get up off the turf at some point,and since our OL is another question mark.........

It is highly unlikely he(Darnold) will not miss time, so this will be something we have to deal with. Especially if the OL doesn't dramatically exceed expectations.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, mccjeff said:

I think you may be assigning to much cause to Sam & Will being on the roster which may be valid. I see most of the PJ talk as a reaction to the "PJ Walker will be starting by week 3 because Sam Darnold sucks" trolls. Different perspective.

i said week 4.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

well, realistically, the only reason people really talk about backup QBs .....is because of the problem that exists at the starting spot. 

yeah, you talk about it if your QB gets hurt.  That's gonna happen.

But if you are freaking out about PJ Walker in July?  Well.....it's really a Sam Darnold conversation.   I'd prefer we just focus on fixing the starting QB spot instead of debating how good you think a 2nd or 3rd string QB is.   

I don't know whether Darnold is going to be a solid starter or not, but I do know he has a chance to be.

Walker? Doubt he's even a good backup.

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Aaahh, that was you.

21 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Based off your logic of having 2 #3 QBs, wouldn't that also mean we have 1 #2QBs and 0 #1QB.

Food for thought...Mitch Trubisky is a former first round pick, currently on a team that didn't draft him charted at #2.

So we have a legit #2 in Darnold.

And Darnold was no better if not worse than Mitch.

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know whether Darnold is going to be a solid starter or not, but I do know he has a chance to be.

Walker? Doubt he's even a good backup.

He was pretty good against Detroit last year, hell, turn those two ints(first game mistakes) into TDs, would Darnold even be on this team right now? 

34 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

He was pretty good against Detroit last year, hell, turn those two ints(first game mistakes) into TDs, would Darnold even be on this team right now? 

That's basically asking "Would PJ Walker be the starter right now if he were good?"

Sure.

But that's the problem...he's not.