• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cheap FA center options??

WOW!!

There are a handful of options out there - but none that will really move the needle for potential of this team.. The few that I wouldn't be mad at are:

+ Nerlens Noel - He was in the same draft as Zeller. Not an offensive force but a better shot blocker and rebounder. Hustle player that can be an upgrade from last season.
+ Daniel Theis - Solid player that can pass out of the post and knows where to be. Not a shot blocker but a solid defender.
+ Robin Lopez - Maybe the best of the cheap bunch. Good post moves and decent defender. Hard worker.
- Alex Len - Very similar to Zeller. About average post moves and average defender. Not a lot of rim protection.
- Zeller - we all know the deal...

If we can't get Holmes or somehow pry Jarrett Allen away from the Cavs - trading for Turner becomes and option but I think we would have to give up too much (Hayward or Terry) resulting in a net-zero trade for us..

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

There are a handful of options out there - but none that will really move the needle for potential of this team.. The few that I wouldn't be mad at are:

+ Nerlens Noel - He was in the same draft as Zeller. Not an offensive force but a better shot blocker and rebounder. Hustle player that can be an upgrade from last season.
+ Daniel Theis - Solid player that can pass out of the post and knows where to be. Not a shot blocker but a solid defender.
+ Robin Lopez - Maybe the best of the cheap bunch. Good post moves and decent defender. Hard worker.
- Alex Len - Very similar to Zeller. About average post moves and average defender. Not a lot of rim protection.
- Zeller - we all know the deal...

If we can't get Holmes or somehow pry Jarrett Allen away from the Cavs - trading for Turner becomes and option but I think we would have to give up too much (Hayward or Terry) resulting in a net-zero trade for us..

Noel might get paid more then I want to go.. I could see Robin here thoe..

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, MechaZain said:

If they go with Kai Jones they should keep Zeller as a pick and roll coach

I've always thought Zeller would be perfect off the bench if we had a starting calibre center.. sadly - we have only had that once with Big Al..

Zeller on a team friendly deal - that allows him to retire a Hornet - would be a really good fit for our 2nd unit:

PG: Graham (resign)
SG: MOODY (draft)
SF: Bridges
PF: McDaniels
C: Zeller

My guess is that Zeller will sign elsewhere pretty early in free agency for a team friendly deal. He just wants to be valued from a basketball stance. Money isn't the highest thing on his priority list and I imagine several teams view him as a good reserve center and one will scoop him up while Charlotte deals with Graham/Monk and whoever they want to be their starting center next year.

Everyone will hate me for this, but if Charlotte doesn't draft a big at 11 and can only land one of their main center targets in free agency, Biz is going to be sitting there still. I can easily see Charlotte grabbing him in early to mid September and letting him be the Vet guy again for close to the minimum.

Just stating for the record that I do NOT want Biz back. Biz won't be a priority for anyone else and he's likely going to be the 10th option for Charlotte, but if they miss on some of their bigger targets and Zeller signs somewhere else early on, then I can see this happening again.

Edited by AppHeel