• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training Camp Day 1 - Thoughts and Observations

Zod

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I do wonder if he's going to want to be a backup when he moves on?  Could be an issue.

I'm still a little shocked that Denver didn't go after him pretty hard, or maybe a lot of teams did, and JAX knows he's worth keeping.  Who knows?

Jax would be wise to hang onto him if they can.  Whether he's a starter or a backup is up to him.  If it's really an open competition for starter and he wins it he's the man.  

It will be interesting to see if Jax will start Sunshine game 1.  I guess with a new coach and offense to learn the QB's are on a level playing field so to speak when it comes to the play book.  Minshew has a slight edge in actual NFL experience.  

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Jax would be wise to hang onto him if they can.  Whether he's a starter or a backup is up to him.  If it's really an open competition for starter and he wins it he's the man.  

It will be interesting to see if Jax will start Sunshine game 1.  I guess with a new coach and offense to learn the QB's are on a level playing field so to speak when it comes to the play book.  Minshew has a slight edge in actual NFL experience.  

Agreed on them being wise, but then again, we are talking about JAX.

As to Trevor starting, I'm guessing that fans in the seats may mean more to them than W's on the scoreboard...I bet he does, and suffers some significant growing pains.  Hope they don't Carr him.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

This is not true. Shaq played better than almost everybody gives him credit for. And once Carter took over for Whitehead, our D stepped it up a notch. 

Carter was with the 1s yesterday. So the Coaches noticed.

One thing for sure…Shaq didn’t get the credit 

it’s because he’s a special teamer/backup at best

5 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I'm here now...it's hot, but it's not center of the state hot here.

At least there is a 10 knot breeze here almost all the time.

Oh, and the chicks...which is the reason a TC would be a bad idea here.

Also the reason I chose to live here 😁

• Pie 1

On 7/28/2021 at 1:15 PM, Zod said:

The only place for fans is on the hill. You can no longer go on the left edge of the two fields in the shade, it is blocked off due to Covid restrictions I assume. 

Bummer!  Is it worth traveling down?  Thanks for what you do.  Many don't realize the time and effort you put into the Huddle.