• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Tuesday Camp Thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Remember that playoff game against Seattle I think?  He had not returned a punt in a couple years I think, then they throw him in there when we really needed a spark and he takes it to the damn house!

That was all I had in mind.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Remember that playoff game against Seattle I think?  He had not returned a punt in a couple years I think, then they throw him in there when we really needed a spark and he takes it to the damn house!

89 was still our primary punt returner in 2005 (the triple crown season)

and when he wasn't returning punts our starting CB Gamble was. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I'm really not getting why Thomas is still working with the 1's.  Is he the only TE working with starters?

I'm thinking(or hoping) camp this year is just a "sink or swim" moment for him. I seem to recall a lot of dropping passes, running wrong routes, and having to run laps the past two camps...

1 minute ago, PanicPete said:

I'm thinking(or hoping) camp this year is just a "sink or swim" moment for him. I seem to recall a lot of dropping passes, running wrong routes, and having to run laps the past two camps...

And often they let the established veteran start and lose the position in camp instead of just knocking him to third string before a pad pops.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

listen Bill Nye, I'm tired of worrying about muffed punts!  What does science say about my blood pressure.  I'm prioritizing my personal health here. 

* but your facts are noted

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Brian Burns doing Brian Burns things

was that the offensive right side or defensive?  I assume defensive right-which means offensive left if my math does not fail me.  So when we are scrimmaging each other, tell us who won the matchup--it is significant.

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

89 was still our primary punt returner in 2005 (the triple crown season)

and when he wasn't returning punts our starting CB Gamble was. 

Well the game I mentioned, Smitty had not been the primary punt returner for quite some time - thats why it was such a big deal when he came in and ripped off a TD right away. 

• Pie 1