• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

10 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Seriously?  

With  the annual new car sale coming up where newer, value priced models, with 5 year price guarantee, you'd say, naaah,  I want my family in that crap car?

So the 9ers went, "Well he sucks, lets call about seeing if he'd be our QB."

Whatever.

You only call if you're interested.
smh

There may have been a scenario where they would've been interested, but that scenario didn't develop. Teams explore backup plans all the time. We were the only team that got deep enough into the Rolodex that it dialed up Darnold.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You were shown a tweet earlier that showed other teams inquiring. The Jets were not ready to deal, so no deal was done. Then the Panthers came calling, and the Jets were ready to deal. 

And here we are. You refusing to see past your own view. Why don't you show us where you got this "No one came calling" slant?

Inquiring. Not offering. We were negotiating with the Jets reportedly for weeks. There was no one else involved.

I'm willing to "see past my own view" if you provide evidence to the contrary. But you're deep down in your own trench lobbing grenades with your fingers in your ears.

33 minutes ago, CRA said:

Who is higher on Darnold than Fields at this point that isn’t a Panther fan, Trojan fan, Sam’s momma, a clickbait talking head seeking attention.  

Jets, 9ers,Falcons,Dolphins, Lions, Panthers, Broncos, Eagles, and Giants all could have had Justin Fields without trading up.  Many more teams could have traded up to get him, but opted not to.

Only butthurt Panthers fans who didn't get what they wanted in the draft are even comparing the two.   Panthers fans who just can't let Justin go.  Its creepy.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

With 2 HOF QBs! You better be competitive. Give the Panthers 2 HOF QBs, I bet were competitive too. Does not make them some model franchise. They've had 2 HOF QBs, and pissed them both off.

You still have no idea do you? You cannot see others points of view. You are stuck in this loop, and you are happy as punch. It's just unfathomable to you, that Sam had value to other teams. 

Dwayne Haskins had value to the Steelers.  I think most teams probably viewed Sam similar to that.  Lot of teams don’t mind kicking the tires on a busted QB.   But they are kicking the tires on someone they likely know won’t pan out while their aging QB….is still there starting QB .  Steelers are kicking the tires the right way. 

we just went all in on a busted QB and passed on a top tier draft prospect.   

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Seriously?  

With  the annual new car sale coming up where newer, value priced models, with 5 year price guarantee, you'd say, naaah,  I want my family in that crap car?

So the 9ers went, "Well he sucks, lets call about seeing if he'd be our QB."

Whatever.

You only call if you're interested.
smh

I'm done. It's not worth this much effort. You have more patience than I do. Tag, your it. lol

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

I think you may need to reread that post. I believe you may have missed something.

If you would've drafted Fields at #3 and passed on him at #8 because of trading a 2nd round pick and a couple of mid-rounders for a former bust, oh wee the fug mayne. Successful organizations draft QBs in the 1st with aging MVPs in the roster.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Dwayne Haskins had value to the Steelers.  I think most teams probably viewed Sam similar to that.  Lot of teams don’t mind kicking the tires on a busted QB.   But they are kicking the tires on someone they likely know won’t pan out while their aging QB….is still there starting QB .  Steelers are kicking the tires the right way. 

we just went all in on a busted QB and passed on a top tier draft prospect.   

The difference being Haskins was terrible and likely won't make it out of camp with the Steelers.

Darnold showed promise in NY. They've also not gone 'all-in' on Darnold. Pretty sure at this point it's just a 2nd round pick. 

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Darnold simply made sense given where the Panthers found themselves when they signed him. 

Who is higher on Darnold than Fields at this point that isn’t a Panther fan, Trojan fan, Sam’s momma, a clickbait talking head seeking attention.  

Kiper? Yeah, didn’t he promise to quit after Clausen predictably busted? 

NFL history says Fields has a better shot at being a franchise QB than Darnold.   First round draft picks have a higher success rate…..than QBs who have busted and stunk for years. 

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

Last year Northwester was 5th in PPG Against. Indiana was 19th. Those were his two bad games. Northwestern had a Safety lead the league with 6 INTs despite only playing 9 games. Indiana lead all of the NCAA in interceptions. In the Indiana game Fields put up just under 400 yards and 3 TDs to go along with those 3 INTs he threw. That's also completely dismissing what was something like 20+ players sitting out and like 8 starters. 

Even with the guys that were practicing one week and then having to sit the next due to covid, I won't dismiss Fields poor showing against Northwestern. That was a game with no real positives for him. 

But if you judge simply off of a covid season where one week you are playing and the next you aren't and ignoring his entire 2019 that's where the mistake is made. But people did similarly with Wilson. Ignore his previous seasons and chalk them up to being injured/healing and just look at his magical 2020 against trash tier comp. 

The only one that was super hard to read was Lance as he was a young guy not asked to throw a ton and then didn't even really play last year. Hard to know if that would help or hurt him.  

Big time true about convid mess up fields, same for all, I do understand where it effected him more. Adversity is my personal #1 measure on QBs and fields passed some games and failed others. Injuries wise, I heard form people I trust say fields was as tough QB as ANY in college. Still if you believe youre healthy enough to cross the white line, you got to play well or DBO....... He also had series in which hed lead an unstoppable TD drive and next ones be off in throwing. consistently inconsistent at times, too much for my taste. if nagy fixes that, league may have another mahomes 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Inquiring. Not offering. We were negotiating with the Jets reportedly for weeks. There was no one else involved.

I'm willing to "see past my own view" if you provide evidence to the contrary. But you're deep down in your own trench lobbing grenades with your fingers in your ears.

You were shown evidence. You poo poo'd it like you always do. You have this idea in your head that we were the ONLY team that wanted Sam. I no longer want to waste my time on this. 

• Beer 1

Just now, SBBlue said:

Jets, 9ers,Falcons,Dolphins, Lions, Panthers, Broncos, Eagles, and Giants all could have had Justin Fields without trading up.  Many more teams could have traded up to get him, but opted not to.

Only butthurt Panthers fans who didn't get what they wanted in the draft are even comparing the two.   Panthers fans who just can't let Justin go.  Its creepy.  

So…who are all these people higher on Darnold than Fields outside the folks I mentioned? 

it isn’t even Fields centric in reality.  It is what he represents.  We have no QB at this stage.  We had a top prospect drop in our lap and passed.   Which doesn’t apply to those teams.  They drafted a QB, drafted one last year….or are the Falcons, who have their cap/money invested still in their franchise QB still. 

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You were shown evidence. You poo poo'd it like you always do. You have this idea in your head that we were the ONLY team that wanted Sam. I no longer want to waste my time on this. 

Oh look, someone who was done isn't done. Shocking.

You shoes evidence of what we already knew. Other teams had made inquiries earlier in the off-season and nothing had come of it. That's evidence of practically nothing. Teams talk and explore options constantly. Evidence of true interest is evidence of an actionable offer made.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you would've drafted Fields at #3 and passed on him at #8 because of trading a 2nd round pick and a couple of mid-rounders for a former bust, oh wee the fug mayne. Successful organizations draft QBs in the 1st with aging MVPs in the roster.

You still missed it. You are the only one that brought up that 8th pick. Nowhere in his post  did he bring that up. Yet you ridicule him?