• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule after SECOND Joint Practice with the Colts

SBBlue

With the new preseason schedule, it's odd how teams are treating the 1st game like they used to treat the 4th game. I would've thought we would see them approach it like the old 2nd, 3rd, and 4th games in that order.

I'm guessing now that we're going to see the new preseason schedule treated like the old 4th, 3rd, and 1st games in that order. I didn't expect that.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

5:51...

PJ to start against the colts Sunday. It's like Darnold vs jets...I mean as far as playing against your old squad.

Will be interesting to see how he does?

I sure hope the Colts are sitting their starters too because I feel awful for PJ if he has to go out there against their starting D behind our backup OL.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I sure hope the Colts are sitting their starters too because I feel awful for PJ if he has to go out there against their starting D behind our backup OL.

I'm actually hoping they don't. He needs the reps, something he didn't get last year. I believe if the colts do start a couple on defense and PJ shines just enough, it might take away this false assumption it's always the O-line fault when the QB can't produce.

Edited by CPsinceDay1
  • Pie 1

Just now, CPsinceDay1 said:

I'm actually hoping they don't. He needs the reps, something he didn't get last year. I believe if the colts do start a couple on defense and PJ shines just enough, it might take away this false assumption it's always the Online fault when the QB can't produce.

Getting busted in the mouth a split second after receiving the snap isn't gonna be helpful reps.

• Pie 3

The only problem that I have, which is my problem I admit, is that I don't think that either Walker or Grier can lead a competent enough of a drive to see what we really need to see on offense. Can we really get a feel for who is doing what--who belongs, when the offense is so disjointed?

I guess that I just don't trust Rhule and company fully yet. They seem to like churning the bottom of the roster except for the QB position which means they must be OK with what we got. I shudder at that thought. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1