• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I used to come to this place to learn things about football...

Y'all know it's up to y'all to fix it right? Start a solid informative or interesting topic. Do your part to getting back on track. If you posted in this thread to complain, how about posting something to move towards I proving this joint next. 

2 minutes ago, Zod said:

Y'all know it's up to y'all to fix it right? Start a solid informative or interesting topic. Do your part to getting back on track. If you posted in this thread to complain, how about posting something to move towards I proving this joint next. 

There's way too much of taking any difference in opinion as personal attack on the board right now leading to actual personal attacks. If you don't want to encounter differing opinions, then a forum that encourages open discussion might not be the best place for you. We're not going to be the football thought police around here and moderate a "Panthers positive messages" only forum. If you want to stick around but want to create your own personal echo chamber, there's an ignore function. Use it.

Obviously not intended for you @Zod, just expounding on what you said.

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

You do realize the mods here are drafted out of Division III, right?  They did not give up their right to have an opinion.  If you are specifically talking about one particular mod the only thing I notice is that they are very consistent in their opinion.  One board where everyone thinks alike is going to be extremely boring.  So are posters that "straddle the line" on every single thread.  Have an opinion and man up.  

There is a HUGE difference between having an opinion and DAILY bitching about the offensive line, the 1 year coach, the 6 month GM, and QB who has not had a chance show us ANYTHING.  

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Zod said:

I sincerely don't know how to react to this.  

13 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Great post.  I came here a couple months ago or whatever, mostly because it's pretty damn active here in the offseason.

Over the last couple weeks, I've learned that a lot of folks here are dumb as fug.  Or just trolls.  Can't tell yet.

I do appreciate those with measured, reasonable opinions though.

I've been reading here for years but just made an account recently. There are certain people on here who have been writing 5 paragraph long reactionary doomsday posts for a decade  now. Don't visit here post-game because it will kill your buzz even if we won.

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

There is a HUGE difference between having an opinion and DAILY bitching about the offensive line, the 1 year coach, the 6 month GM, and QB who has not had a chance show us ANYTHING.  

I mean... it's a message board?

People put their opinions here?

In the scheme of things I follow your opinion more.  I like being positive about the team I root for.  But that does not negate other people having different opinions.

I also don't read every thread so maybe I don't notice it.  But how is this volunteer mod, who backs his opinions up with knowledge of the team any different from your opposite take?  Obviously both of you are fanatics of the same team so disagreements should not cut so deep.  Now if he was a falcon fan it would be different, F that guy.

Whether Darnold stinks or not we all know which certain posters called it from the beginning, even got obnoxious about it.  Just look forward to Darnold leading this team to the playoffs and this guy shutting up.

9 minutes ago, RenoCarolina said:

I mean... it's a message board?

People put their opinions here?

In the scheme of things I follow your opinion more.  I like being positive about the team I root for.  But that does not negate other people having different opinions.

I also don't read every thread so maybe I don't notice it.  But how is this volunteer mod, who backs his opinions up with knowledge of the team any different from your opposite take?  Obviously both of you are fanatics of the same team so disagreements should not cut so deep.  Now if he was a falcon fan it would be different, F that guy.

Whether Darnold stinks or not we all know which certain posters called it from the beginning, even got obnoxious about it.  Just look forward to Darnold leading this team to the playoffs and this guy shutting up.

Are you complaining about my complaining about their complaining?

Cool.  Well its MY opinion that the mods shouldn't be getting pie-d by the trolls we just banned.  And its MY opinion that we should hold our powder on attacking the GM, coach and Darnold until we see how we do.  And its my opinion that if they want to bitch daily about the team, then I can bitch daily about them.   So if you think that all opinions are OK, then deal.

The thread noted a change here.  My point, is the change I noticed was that the mods have turned negative on the team.   Your point is they are entitled to.  My point is that I didn't say they weren't entitled to.  They can bitch about the team, and I can bitch about them.  It'll be great.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yeah I think perhaps the negativity has in part taken over because it’s endorsed by the mods like you said. It’s one thing to have an opinion and disagree with decisions the team is making. But it’s another to just absolutely poo on them day after day after day relentlessly. I understand people feel frustrated but it’s gotten to a point where being negative about your overall outlook somehow makes you more knowledgeable and credible. I genuinely don’t get it. 

What's more crazy and backwards to me is the flip side of that, where being positive about your overall outlook is routinely used as a pejorative here.  Like, what??  One of us is doing "entertainment" wrong, and I don't think it's the positive group.

• Beer 3

27 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Are you complaining about my complaining about their complaining?

Cool.  Well its MY opinion that the mods shouldn't be getting pie-d by the trolls we just banned.  And its MY opinion that we should hold our powder on attacking the GM, coach and Darnold until we see how we do.  And its my opinion that if they want to bitch daily about the team, then I can bitch daily about them.   So if you think that all opinions are OK, then deal.

The thread noted a change here.  My point, is the change I noticed was that the mods have turned negative on the team.   Your point is they are entitled to.  My point is that I didn't say they weren't entitled to.  They can bitch about the team, and I can bitch about them.  It'll be great.

One note, I'm not talking all mods.  Some of them are still fans.

There that should trigger somebody.

Edited by SBBlue

I have less a problem with mods adopting a negative outlook on the team and more an issue with mod(s) derailing threads into a 14-page back-and-forth petty spat, routinely hurling more personal attacks than virtually any other poster in here, admitting (or at least claiming) to "troll-post" unprovoked in order to trigger "Darnold fans", etc.  Within the digital Huddle world, moderating is certainly a kind of "job" and so I would expect a level of professionalism, dignity, decorum, etc. from moderators.  If you can't go 5 minutes without inserting some snarky comment or calling someone an idiot, then maybe moderating isn't for you.

@CRA is an example of a good mod IMO who may have adopted what some could consider a "pessimistic" outlook of our QB situation, but upholds the higher standards of a mod well.  He's level-headed, engages with dissenting opinions respectfully, has never devolved into personal attacks, doesn't get rattled or baited into petty squabbles, and is generally just a very patient dude.  All important qualities that suit a mod well.

I don't think mods should have to surrender the right to their opinions in exchange for their shiny moderator badge, I just think there's something disturbing about a mod being the biggest e-bully on the site.  As the great and wise Melania said: Be Best.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

@CRA is an example of a good mod IMO who may have adopted what some could consider a "pessimistic" outlook of our QB situation, but upholds the higher standards of a mod well. 

I wrote a whole rant here in response to this with links to posts and back-and-forth's and derailed threads that I myself have participated in, but I've thought better of it. 

Suffice it to say, I disagree with your assessment.  I'm going to leave it at that.

Edited by SBBlue