• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

53 Man Roster Projection After Preseason Game One

Seltzer

4 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

His reads looked good but that's where the comparisons end unless you're looking for Luke that runs like he has a piano on his back...

DEFENSE

Jalen Julius 7 tackles

Jonathan Celestin 7 tackles

Paddy Fisher 6 tackles

Stanley Thomas-Oliver III 6 tackles, 1 PBU

He's always near or the top tackler on the team...

And I misspelled his first name at first no disrespect...it Paddy not patty.

But there was this one play he actually directed the defense like he knew what was coming

Edited by CPsinceDay1

11 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I really want to see Bayless make it but I just think all the depth we have at WR will push him out of the picture, and they’ll probably want to keep Zylstra around just die to his special teams versatility.

Agree. Hopefully they can stash him on the practice squad but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get picked up somewhere, hopefully not with the Saints since their WR corp right now is trash

42 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

No doubt... they didn't look egregiously bad today, but they didn't look great either.  We have been spoiled with great LB for most of team history. 

My hope is just that they can do their part in what is hopefully a dangerous defensive line and much improved secondary.  And be better than last year, when like Smitty said, having Whitehead out there was no better than having 10 men on defense.

Depending on the package, I think i'd take my chances with Robinson/Chandler on some of those Safety snaps, and move Chinn up to LB with Shaq and Carter. Robinson was not scared to hit today and got a pick. He seemed in the doghouse last year for whatever reason