• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly in Buffalo Bills gear

Carl Spackler

1 minute ago, CanePantherHornet said:

If he ends up playing for Buffalo I might just quit watching football for a while.

He can't just go play for Buffalo. He's retired and if he unretired he'd still be under contract with us. I'm 100% positive if he wanted to come back we'd either get a ton of assets for him or tell him he's playing for us or pounding sand.

Kinda bugs me to see that but I think it's much ado about nothing. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Just how big are you trying to make mole hill?  He's a retired player visiting another team.  If they provide him garb to wear during his stay, he's obliged to wear it.

Never seen a guy who never played for a team dress head to toe in their stuff just to go see friends

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Peanut Tillman, right here, and he retired as a Bear.

He's an FBI agent now. But again, it's not apples to apples, because he played here for years. Luke never wore a Bills jersey. That's what makes it weird. If he wore WFT stuff, yeah, then this makes sense too, but if not, then yeah he's on the payroll -- another miss from our front office.

Just now, Ace420 said:

I think he really loved and respected Ron Rivera and was passed that we fired him. I honestly think it played a big part on why he retired. 

I think health evaluations were 100% of the reason. If he were to come out of retirement, then yeah I'd say it's entirely because he hates the Panthers, but he just spent a year on the staff.

Honestly expected this at some point after his sudden exit from the scouting dept. I don't have any animosity toward the Bills it's not like it's a rival and they are an AFC team anyway. But whatever capacity he is there visiting in I can't call it anything but a loss for Carolina with one of the youngest rosters in the league and a defense in need of leadership and mentorship. This regime really needs a winning season or at least something to build on. Good luck to Luke.

• Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

Honestly expected this at some point after his sudden exit from the scouting dept. I don't have any animosity toward the Bills it's not like it's a rival and they are an AFC team anyway. But whatever capacity he is there visiting in I can't call it anything but a loss for Carolina with one of the youngest rosters in the league and a defense in need of leadership and mentorship. This regime really needs a winning season or at least something to build on. Good luck to Luke.

Personally, I am very, very unimpressed with this coaching staff and that has 0 to do with Sunday, because preseason is preseason and I've steadfastly held this opinion for quite some time now, with nothing short of blind optimism and vitriol from others to make me consider otherwise.

I think Rhule was not a good hire and this is one of those things where I'm a few months ahead of the rest of the Huddle saying the same thing by mid-December. The coaching staff has a Kelvin Benjamin-sized hole where experience should be, and Big XII experience does not equate to NFL experience. I think Rhule's best asset is his ability to relate to his players (hence being a players' coach), but that reputation only lasts as long as guys are willing to play hard for him. At some point, the playing hard has to equate to victories, not unrealized potential and infinite patience. Another terrible season and he will be on the hot seat, whether he's Mr. Popular or he's P.J. Carlesimo to 53 Latrell Sprewells.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 4

7 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

He's an FBI agent now. But again, it's not apples to apples, because he played here for years. Luke never wore a Bills jersey. That's what makes it weird. If he wore WFT stuff, yeah, then this makes sense too, but if not, then yeah he's on the payroll -- another miss from our front office.

Again, Luke's a nice guy and if they gifted him Bills swag, he's not going to decline it.  Did he not talk to Ron's club last year?  Dude has tons of connections/friends and he's not going to let his playing days "colors" interfere with great relationships.  Don't be shocked to see him visit Washington in the future and sport something of their gear.

Edited by 45catfan

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's visiting his former coach and showing support. I didn't see any pics, but I'd bet he was wearing WFT gear when he visited Ron in DC too.

Yeah this is much ado about nothing. When he visited WFT, people speculated he could take a job there and nothing happened. He’s almost definitely just visiting old friends.