• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Controversy

CPsinceDay1

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, seeing how little Darnold and Menshew cost to pickup by their respective teams, there is a good argument to be made for creating a more competitive situation in Carolina.

Though isn't that what Denver has been attempting to do for years now?  

well, that isn't my preferred method.   But if you are going to go the route of trying to resurrect/fix Sam Darnold.  I would have done it.  

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Hence....THE QB CONTROVERSY of 2021....we are now left with no choice but PJ

...you kno, in case, Sam Darnold doesn't pan out

PJ gets my vote over Grier for the same reason I endorsed PJ at the end over Teddy. 

PJ's style of play is simply more entertaining.  So if winning and mattering goes out the window....might as well be entertained. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

well, that isn't my preferred method.   But if you are going to go the route of trying to resurrect/fix Sam Darnold.  I would have done it. 

As a Panthers fan, I'm not so concerned about fixing Sam, as I am the QB position.

Had we brought in a legitimate challenger and that individual won the starting job, we'd have upgraded both the starting and backup positions.  

As it stands, we are going into the season with a big ? for both.

I realize I'm preaching to the choir here.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

There are no Will Grier fanboys here. Nobody here is clamoring for him to start or believes that at this point he would make a successful starter in the NFL. 

I'd wager to say you'd be hard pressed to find a single regular poster on this forum who gave Grier any shot at all prior to camp starting to make the final roster this year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, CRA said:

PJ gets my vote over Grier for the same reason I endorsed PJ at the end over Teddy. 

PJ's style of play is simply more entertaining.  So if winning and mattering goes out the window....might as well be entertained. 

I've seen more entertainment through the years than I can begin to recall.

Wins?

Not so much.

"Just Win Baby!"

• Pie 1