• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Summary of Darnold's day

Zod

6 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:
  • Notes from Baltimore:
  • Even with Marlon Humphrey sidelined, Baltimore's secondary made it difficult for Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold to find open receivers, particularly in the red zone. Tavon Young had an impressive breakup, elevating to knock the ball away from D.J. Moore. Darnold didn't throw much in Marcus Peters' direction, because there wasn't much daylight. Undrafted safety Ar'Darius Washington brought cheers from the Ravens' sidelines when he dove to deflect a pass in the end zone. Rookie receiver Shi Smith caught one deep pass working against Geno Stone, but for the most part, Baltimore's secondary had its way.

That tells me Sam made good reads and didn’t turn the ball over. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, NAS said:

Cmc and Dj, probably was his main targets for the day, and I'm quite sure the ravens knew it. Marshall probably ran the 2 or the other D.Moore,...Smith maybe 3rd????...but if they locked up DJ, and the rookies were going against top talent, it explains a lot. The big question mark I'm a lil concerned with is the Darnold to Arnold connection, surely that should change today....

Hoping all players have a good practice today, no injury, and by the end of today's practice, we'll know if Horn is starting Saturday

Edited by CPsinceDay1
  • Pie 1

20 hours ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

I joined this site during the offseason, so I haven’t been through a season on here. But holy crap, some of you are over emotional nut jobs. My wife is more rational/knowledgeable about Panthers football and she still thinks Cam is our QB. 

You're 100% right there my man. 

• Pie 2

On 8/18/2021 at 11:37 AM, CRA said:

doesn't seem like NFL coaches are struggling with what to do with their rookies as a collective group to date though.  

I'd rather Horn figure out with the help of 3 preseason games what he can and can't get away with.....vs throwing him into his first real NFL action week 1 vs the Jets and the learning start there.  I don't think those are irrational takes.  People don't have to agree.  But they are rooted in decent logic and backed by the acts across the league.  

Oh na it's not irrational I wasn't saying that for sure. 

10 hours ago, bandu said:

yeah and my point being that his regular season  completion percentage during his tenure in New York combined is almost an  identical twin or let's say alike  going 19 of 36 in camp

But I think someone brought up a good point that if you take away the drops, he'd probably have about a 66% completion rate which is solid.

Edited by glenwo2

8 hours ago, NAS said:

I pointed it out even before this report :

I kept reading "Drop, Drop, Drop" with the occasional "Misfire"...but NO INTs.

I feel that part got glossed over probably because it ruins some of the Negative-Nancy's f'n narratives here regarding Sam.   🙄

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I pointed it out even before this report :

I kept reading "Drop, Drop, Drop" with the occasional "Misfire"...but NO INTs.

I feel that part got glossed over probably because it ruins some of the Negative-Nancy's f'n narratives here regarding Sam.   🙄

I'm Positive Patty today, so I decided to help u guys out, because y'all been getting y'all noodles cook trying to defend Darnold