• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold , other starters WILL play Saturday.

Zod

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

You weren't even a Panthers fan a year ago this time chill 🤣

What does that have to do with anything? 🤨

There are naysayers here who want Sam to fail just to get on their soapboxes and say "I told you so".

Edited by glenwo2

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

The Carolina Panthers have had two long term quarterbacks in 25 years. Folks being apprehensive about Darnold isn't surprising but you need to know the history to gain an understanding. One year isn't enough.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3

Just now, frankw said:

The Carolina Panthers have had two long term quarterbacks in 25 years. Folks being apprehensive about Darnold isn't surprising but you need to know the history to gain an understanding. One year isn't enough.

My point was that there are naysayers here who want Sam to fail just to get on their soapboxes and say "I told you so".  

That's what I was responding to. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

My point was that there are naysayers here who want Sam to fail just to get on their soapboxes and say "I told you so".  

Probably a few but that's not new. Cam Newton had people who disliked him so much and wanted to be right about him being a bust they saw a silver lining in losing because it made him look bad. Sam will create plenty of fans if he gives them something to cheer for and makes this offense respectable again.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I don't think the people, this time last year, that said Teddy had been a checkdown QB his entire career and was really a backup at this point......were rooting for him to fail.   It was just acknowledging what Teddy had proven to be as a QB in the NFL and not expecting life to be different here. 

Think a lot of that is at the heart of what some call "wanting Darnold to fail". 

I'll be rooting for him to destroy the Jets come week 1 with the best game of his career for a little 89 blood and guts revenge.   But I really just feel he will be a variation of what he has always been in the NFL. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

There are naysayers here who want Sam to fail just to get on their soapboxes and say "I told you so".

And if he does fail, you'll be gone because you're not a Panthers fan. You're a Sam Darnold fan. Don't start thinking you're a "better" fan than people who were here long before Sam Darnold.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And if he does fail, you'll be gone because you're not a Panthers fan. You're a Sam Darnold fan. Don't start thinking you're a "better" fan than people who were here long before Sam Darnold.

I haven't really been following along. But are there like real hardcore Sam Darnold fans around here now?

Like in the vein of BDJSers?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

I haven't really been following along. But are there like real hardcore Sam Darnold fans around here now?

Like in the vein of BDJSers?

There's a couple who showed up after we traded for Darnold. They're welcome, but yeah I don't have much patience for them lecturing long-term Panthers fans on how to be Panthers fans when the thought of being a Panthers fan had never crossed their mind prior to a few months ago and who will almost certainly disappear as suddenly as they appeared if Darnold doesn't become a part of our long-term plans.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

There's a couple who showed up after we traded for Darnold. They're welcome, but yeah I don't have much patience for them lecturing long-term Panthers fans on how to be Panthers fans when the thought of being a Panthers fan had never crossed their mind prior to a few months ago and who will almost certainly disappear as suddenly as they appeared if Darnold doesn't become a part of our long-term plans.

That’s just a weird wagon to hitch to. I mean he’s teetering on bust territory depending on how this season shakes out.

So you mean all the complaints and bitching over the past several days because the starters weren't playing in the preseason was wasted and ridiculous. Just as I said, why don't we wait to see what happens before all the angst. Will folks learn from this before going off the rails again? Of course not..    

• Beer 3

So apparently DJ tweaked his back yesterday but wanted to go today anyway 

coach called him a warrior…our coach wants tough guys on his team willing to run thru walls

i can think of a few guys right now that may not make it…start with our mlb that likes to ride a bike on the sidelines…and drives too fast

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Scott12345 said:

So apparently DJ tweaked his back yesterday but wanted to go today anyway 

coach called him a warrior…our coach wants tough guys on his team willing to run thru walls

i can think of a few guys right now that may not make it…start with our mlb that likes to ride a bike on the sidelines…and drives too fast

bahahaha n1

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

So you mean all the complaints and bitching over the past several days because the starters weren't playing in the preseason was wasted and ridiculous. Just as I said, why don't we wait to see what happens before all the angst. Will folks learn from this before going off the rails again? Of course not..    

if you show up at BOA thinking you are going to see the starting units this weekend.....I would think you might be disappointed.

Thread title IMO is a tad misleading based on what Matt Rhule actually said.