• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Released

WaterBoy

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

He had Mac beat, but let him back in.

I'm not so sure of that. Josh McDaniels and Cam Newton were always kind of a mismatch.

Fair or not, I doubt he'd have preferred Newton's skil set and playing style over Jones as a fit for how he wants to run an offense.

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

He was already walking a thin line, and that Covid incident, coupled with him not being vaccinated was just too much. 

He had Mac beat, but let him back in. I think it’s over, as far as him being a starter. 

Ya, I chalk this up to him not being vaccinated. 

Just now, MHS831 said:

I wonder if Cam has not become bigger than the game--and what he has left to offer it.  He was great, but I kinda hope he ends his career so people do not remember the older Cam, but the Superman, dabbing Cam.  Does that make any sense?

It makes a ton of sense. Most athletes hang on for too long. Can't blame them for cashing those checks, but it does cloud memories for a bit. Ultimately, Cam will be remembered by most Panthers fans for the high flying dabbing Superman and most non-Panthers fans as a unique great QB who never won a SB. It is what it is.

As for those "other" Panthers fans... well, they probably have a hooded meeting with burning crosses to attend anyway.

22 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

If Mac won the job he wouldn’t have been playing significant time in the preseason, let alone never playing with the first team throughout preseason, cam isn’t vaxxed and that didn’t sit well with the team ultimately, gotta respect there decision based off ramifications of a outbreak occurring 

Albert Breer, a premiere NFL insider disagrees with you.   Cam got beat out by a rookie

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Boston really doesn't do itself any favors regarding the widespread opinion that it's a racist ass city.

I'm not even talking about that.

I just think going out and buying a jersey for a guy who's never played a single down in the NFL is a bit presumptuous.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I wonder if Cam has not become bigger than the game--and what he has left to offer it.  He was great, but I kinda hope he ends his career so people do not remember the older Cam, but the Superman, dabbing Cam.  Does that make any sense?

He should retire and focus on his business endeavors here in Atlanta. 

Im one of his biggest fans, but I don’t see another starting role out there for him. No team will want him as a backup, because his personality is huge. 

He’s set financially, his businesses are doing well, and he’s had a great career. Walk away from the game, and go raise those beautiful kids. I’m with you. I don’t want to see Cam labor around out here 

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

He was already walking a thin line, and that Covid incident, coupled with him not being vaccinated was just too much. 

He had Mac beat, but let him back in. I think it’s over, as far as him being a starter. 

Ya, I chalk this up to him not being vaccinated. 

Belichick doesn’t strike me as someone who would risk the league forcing them to forfeit a game because of a COVID outbreak.