• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Afternoon Games

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Im on board with Rivers.  I would take him nine times out of ten over Brees and he is not unlike Stafford in that his circumstance dictated his legacy more than his talent did.

Rivers was solid, but pretty careless with turnovers.  He was like a poor man's Brett Favre.  Wilson is a lock for HoF, Rivers I don't think so...

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

They won games with Taysom Hill at QB.  Jameis has the talent.  Unfortunately for us, I think Payton is going to have his guy for years to come.

Oh, he definitely does. His problem is the turnovers. If Payton can cure him of turnoveritis he's gonna keep that train rolling down there in the raw sewage filled streets of N.O.

1 minute ago, Inimicus said:

Dont get me wrong.  The closest Rivers is going to get to a yellow jacket is hugging one of his buddies that gets one.

Im saying that had he had a better set of circumstances he could have performed at that level.

Sean Peyton is one hell of a coach and probably would have made Rivers even better.  I hate Peyton, but he is legit (except in the playoffs).

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yeah Nagy let the Bears defense atrophy into mediocrity, and their offense is just as lackluster as ever.  He's been a complete failure.

The defense might be better if their offense wasn't so atrocious. You can see the promise of the defense at times, but they just get hung out to dry all game and break.

Edited by Madwolf

2 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Dont get me wrong.  The closest Rivers is going to get to a yellow jacket is hugging one of his buddies that gets one.

Im saying that had he had a better set of circumstances he could have performed at that level.

Given that things have played out now, can we really say that Eli was so wrong to refuse being drafted by the Chargers?  Not that Eli was a great QB by any means, but think about Rivers on those Giants teams.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Given that things have played out now, can we really say that Eli was so wrong to refuse being drafted by the Chargers?  Not that Eli was a great QB by any means, but think about Rivers on those Giants teams.

Don't make me list the great players Rivers played with in San Diego. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The Bears are gonna have to go to Fields sooner rather than later.

Dalton threw the ball 38 times tonight and completed 70% of them. Big night, right? Wait... only 206 yards. 0 TDs. Dude averaged 5.4ypa. I honestly can't recall a ball traveling more than 19 yards past the LOS. Teddy Bridgewater would be embarrassed by that.

Poor man's Teddy B