• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyler Linderbaum

ncfan

On 9/14/2021 at 6:18 PM, Icege said:

I've been fiending for this dude to be a Panther since looking at center prospects from last season.

He is a BEAST!!!

I am guessing we will be picking between 14-21 or so--this is the player I would take in that range and it is not even close.   Lotta people want that LT, but this draft is not great at the top for LTs and most of our problems are between B gaps.

Not what people want to hear, but if Christensen can take over the LG spot and we get this stud at C, we could be much improved with this one pick.

• Beer 1

I don't think IOL are worth top ten picks usually but depending on situation, like Colts needing to protect Andrew Luck and Quenton Nelson being the best available guy, it works and this guy works here. I got a feeling an inordinate amount of people are gonna develop the biggest draft crush on this guy though. It might prove to be annoying if he isn't the pick in the end

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 11:49 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope Darnold will prove to be the answer so we can check off that massive box and pour all efforts into the OL. If Darnold can continue to play well, give me a 2019 style off-season, just shift the focus from defense to OL.

Like the draft idea think I mentioned something similar on a different post but it's pretty obvious that Darnold is not the answer for any team. With 3.5 years of NFL film on him now he's proven to be a solid back up but not a starter.

2 minutes ago, 95Panthers4Ever said:

Like the draft idea think I mentioned something similar on a different post but it's pretty obvious that Darnold is not the answer for any team. With 3.5 years of NFL film on him now he's proven to be a solid back up but not a starter.

Calling him a solid backup at this point is a stretch IMO. I won't be surprised if Darnold has made his last NFL active roster.

• Flames 1

Panthers are going to the playoffs.

Trade a day 3 pick to slide up a spot or two to grab Linderbaum if he somehow slips due to people not wanting to draft the #1 OL in the draft because "muh poshitshowanal valuuuuuuue!!!!!"

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Icege said:

Panthers are going to the playoffs.

Trade a day 3 pick to slide up a spot or two to grab Linderbaum if he somehow slips due to people not wanting to draft the #1 OL in the draft because "muh poshitshowanal valuuuuuuue!!!!!"

I don’t think a day 3 pick moves you anywhere in the first…

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think a day 3 pick moves you anywhere in the first…

You'd be surprised! Take these day 1 trades from recent drafts, for example:

• [2021] Dallas traded its first-round selection (10th overall) to Philadelphia in exchange for first- and third-round selections (12th and 84th overall). I know this is a 3rd rounder that we don't have, but worth mentioning here as #84 was enough to move up from #12 to #10.
  • [2021] Minnesota traded first- and fourth-round selections (14th and 143rd overall) to the N.Y. Jets in exchange for their first- and two third-round selections (23rd, 66th, and 86th overall). Again, not exactly a day 3 pick but they essentially took the same trade from earlier, but instead of going from 12 -> 10 for #84, they're going from 23 -> 14 for #86 and swapping a 3rd for a 4th. Perhaps trading a future 3rd could help sweeten the deal?
  • [2020] San Francisco traded first- and seventh-round selections (13th and 245th) to Tampa Bay in exchange for first- and fourth-round selections (14th and 117th). 
  • [2020] Minnesota traded a first-round selection (25th) to San Francisco in exchange for San Francisco's first-, fourth-, and fifth-round selections (31st, 117th, and 176th). 
  • [2019] Seattle traded a first-round selection (21st) to Green Bay in exchange for Green Bay's first- and two fourth-round selections (30th, 114th and 118th).
  • [2019] Baltimore traded a first-round selection (22nd) to Philadelphia in exchange for Philadelphia's first-, fourth- and sixth-round selections (25th, 127th and 197th).
  • [2019] New Orleans traded a first-round selection (30th), as well as 2018 first- and fifth-round selections (27th and 147th) to Green Bay in exchange for Green Bay's 2018 first round selection (14th).
  • [2018] Green Bay traded a first-round selection (14th) to New Orleans in exchange for New Orleans's first- and fifth-round selections (27th and 147th) and a first-round selection in 2019.
  • [2018] Baltimore traded first- and sixth-round selections (22nd and 215th) to Tennessee in exchange for Tennessee's first- and fourth-round selections (25th and 125th).
Edited by Icege
  • Beer 1