• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rolling Stone's list of 500 Greatest Songs Ever (updated for 2021)

PanthersATL

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Bohemian Rhapsody being beaten out by Beyonce`. And that pretty much sums it up for me. While a sh!tty list.

I ended up reading the entire thing and its full or stuff like that. Songs that came out 2-3 years ago topping all time classics that everyone knows. I'm guessing they contracted the list to appeal to teens/early 20s.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I ended up reading the entire thing and its full or stuff like that. Songs that came out 2-3 years ago topping all time classics that everyone knows. I'm guessing they contracted the list to appeal to teens/early 20s.

Missy Elliott has two songs in the top 50. Just sayin'.

And it's not an anti-rap bias for me. Outkast certainly deserves to be there with both Hey Ya and B.O.B. Still, Fight the Power at #2??? Really?

Rush's Limelight only makes #435? 

Ef 'em

Edited by Khyber53

Thank you Wikipedia, for your analysis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_Stone's_500_Greatest_Songs_of_All_Time#2004_list

The highest entry from the previous lists to be excluded is "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley, originally placed at number 19. The original version by Big Mama Thornton is, however, present at number 318 after being absent from the earlier iterations of the list.

8 hours ago, Zod said:

In my 46 years I have not once sought out a rolling stones song to listen to.

Boring music. No idea why them, billy Joel, or Elton John are so popular. 

Well this is about Rolling Stone the magazine, not the Rolling Stones the band

But yeah I can understand the sentiment.  There are bands I just don't "get" even though they're massively popular and critically acclaimed.