• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers about to trade for CJ Henderson?!?!

joemac

Just now, TheRumGone said:

All three can which is crazy. You can literally just pick which cb matches up better on what receiver. We’re playing man straight up. When we drafted jaycee I thought it would still take us a year or two to get to this. But this was the direction we obviously wanted to go.

This is true but DJ is just that much more talented than the other two bc he's actually a special player

Terrace and Robby are both starting X receivers

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yes, he's like the best C PFF has ever graded and they're gonna be all over him as a first rounder. He's an elite athlete and bigger than Ryan Kalil. So some team is drafting him in like the 20s bc GMs like David Gettleman always fall in love with IOL

Thanks, I would be down if we are picking in the 20's, just that centers in the first are somewhat rare.   Still wanting that elite LT in the first

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Thanks, I would be down if we are picking in the 20's, just that centers in the first are somewhat rare.   Still wanting that elite LT in the first

He's gonna be a Mel Kiper fave too. They always go crazy over guys they think is the next Steve Hutchison or the rare first round C. Tyler is actually that guy, the media and analytics will both support him next draft season and he's a fit here lol. 

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

All three can which is crazy. You can literally just pick which cb matches up better on what receiver. We’re playing man straight up. When we drafted jaycee I thought it would still take us a year or two to get to this. But this was the direction we obviously wanted to go.

Jaycee gave up two catches and the Corey Davis TD was almost a great play by him, he's legit (Surtain is too but it's fine)

This is like when Champ Bailey and Christ Mccallister (that old Ravens CB who was awesome) both went in the top ten at the same time

Panthers acquire CB C.J. Henderson, 5th-round pick from Jaguars for TE Dan Arnold, 3rd-round pick
I occasionally like a trade for both teams. However, it's also possible to dislike a trade for both teams as well. That's how I feel about this swap between the two 1995 expansion franchises.

C.J. Henderson was a top-10 prospect entering the 2020 NFL Draft, but he hasn't lived up to that billing. Henderson has struggled when healthy, and he's been banged up frequently. He could still have a bright future ahead of him, and if so, the Panthers are getting him for a discount. However, cornerback wasn't a position of need. Carolina already has Jaycee Horn, Donte Jackson and A.J. Bouye. Horn is hurt at the moment, but he's expected to return later in the year. Granted, you can never have too many cornerbacks against Tom Brady and his excellent receiving corps, but given how Henderson has performed so far in his career, his presence won't matter.

The Jaguars, meanwhile, have seemingly given up on Henderson too quickly. A third-round pick and a pedestrian tight end talent is not enough compensation for a top-10 pick from 17 months ago. There is something to be said about getting rid of a sunk cost, but the Jaguars should've been able to obtain more for Henderson.

Lastly, let's pour one out for the "Darnold to Arnold" jokes so many NFL announcers have fed us over the past couple of months. They will not be missed.

Grade for Panthers - C
Grade for Jaguars - C-

This is Walter's grading of the trade so we must have done very well. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If Brady C could play tackle we would have seen it by now

No, he's young. These guys need to learn, he played all preseason at RT. They might be gearing up to move Moton to LT. And Brady also has a Joe Thuney profile for LG which is also a need. He's gonna start by end of the year, I'm confident

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

No, he's young. These guys need to learn, he played all preseason at RT. They might be gearing up to move Moton to LT. And Brady also has a Joe Thuney profile for LG which is also a need. He's gonna start by end of the year, I'm confident

He's 25.  If Moton was going to LT and him to RT it would have happened by now.   I see BC more of a depth piece rather than a starter.  Just the way it is. 

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He's 25.  If Moton was going to LT and him to RT it would have happened by now.   I see BC more of a depth piece rather than a starter.  Just the way it is. 

Inexperienced, young, you know what I meant. He's also an offensive lineman, they can play into their thirties, the rest of your post is just your opinion

Edited by ImaginaryKev