• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delta 8 THC

Zod

8 hours ago, Verge said:

Been awesome for me for a person moving from a legal state to a non legal state. Important to note, it WILL show up as THC on a drug test.

I know a guy in state government and he said there is no interest in closing the loophole in NC that allows it to be legal. In fact he said weed would likely be legal here in the next 5 years or so. 

• Pie 1

Love it. I actually prefer it to Delta 9 (regular THC). I smoked a LOT in my younger days but after I had to quit for a six month stretch due to a summer job that tested, I have a tendency to have anxiety issues with delta 9 ever since and it makes me intensely self critical in not a good way. That goes away with delta 8. Nice, mild, happy buzz. I wanna try delta 10 too. It's supposed to be less sedative than deltav8 which gives me some pretty serious indica type couch lock where as delta 10 is supposed to be more of a sativa type buzz.

As for CBD, there's a lot of promising research but like anything, it's not gonna work for everyone. IMO, CBG is the more promising non-psychoactive cannabinoid and there was starting to be void research on it, but then delta 8 came out and the entire hemp industry shifted away from non-psychoactive toward delta 8.

You kids with your delta crap and such.  Back in my day there was Columbian and Mexican and that pretty much summed up what you had to choose from.  If you were damn lucky you knew a friend of a friend who could get some Thai stick for you every year or so or blond hash.

Edited by Paa Langfart
  • Pie 5

17 hours ago, Zod said:

Been using it for a few weeks now. Completely legal in NC. It's actual THC and gives a very mild enjoyable experience.

CBD never did a thing for me, but this stuff is the real deal.

Haven't slept so good in many moons. Did I mention it was legal?

https://nuleafnaturals.com/product/full-spectrum-delta-8-thc-oil-15mg-ml/

How do you take this ?  Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

If you get drug tested at work, please do not use Delta 8 or CBD.  You will yield positive test for weed and could lose a job.

CBD isolate won't yield a positive test. Neither will "broad spectrum" that is basically full spectrum minus THC. Even with full spectrum, you'd have to take a TON. The legal limit is 0.3% and most products come in significantly under that. I probably wouldn't risk it full spectrum though if I faced regular or random drug tests though.

• Pie 2

On 9/30/2021 at 6:51 AM, Zod said:

I know a guy in state government and he said there is no interest in closing the loophole in NC that allows it to be legal. In fact he said weed would likely be legal here in the next 5 years or so. 

5 years? NC really is gonna be the last state isn’t it. Really need to put a citizens amendment on the ballot next year but of course NC had a trash system for doing that and it still has to be state congress approved. 

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Love it. I actually prefer it to Delta 9 (regular THC). I smoked a LOT in my younger days but after I had to quit for a six month stretch due to a summer job that tested, I have a tendency to have anxiety issues with delta 9 ever since and it makes me intensely self critical in not a good way. That goes away with delta 8. Nice, mild, happy buzz. I wanna try delta 10 too. It's supposed to be less sedative than deltav8 which gives me some pretty serious indica type couch lock where as delta 10 is supposed to be more of a sativa type buzz.

As for CBD, there's a lot of promising research but like anything, it's not gonna work for everyone. IMO, CBG is the more promising non-psychoactive cannabinoid and there was starting to be void research on it, but then delta 8 came out and the entire hemp industry shifted away from non-psychoactive toward delta 8.

How are they getting enough THC out of hemp to even do anything? Are they just crushing pounds and pounds of to extract the tiny amount to sell? 

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

How are they getting enough THC out of hemp to even do anything? Are they just crushing pounds and pounds of to extract the tiny amount to sell? 

Delta 8 THC is a naturally occurring cannabinoid, but it occurs naturally in miniscule quantities. All of the commercially available Delta 8 is lab made from converted CBD.

But here's the dirty little secret, almost none of the commercially available D8 products will test legal by an FDA certified lab. They're all hot for D9. Here's the other dirty little secret, there's a lot of shitty suppliers out there putting product out that's loaded with residual solvents. Be sure of your supplier. Don't buy this poo at the gas station.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Its a different molecule than the usual THC in regular weed that gets you high.  

• Pie 1

On 9/30/2021 at 6:51 AM, Zod said:

I know a guy in state government and he said there is no interest in closing the loophole in NC that allows it to be legal. 

I wouldn't bet a whole lot of money on that. The FDA is really hoping their saber rattling on D8 in recent weeks. Virtually everyone in the hemp industry fully expects D8 to get banned, likely sooner rather than later.