• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam old Sam ...

WOW!!

If you are thinking that Bridgewater is in anyway the answer then you are completely missing the point. 

A lower ceiling is a lower ceiling and when there is as much tape on both as there was before coming here, it is not at all surprising. Why can't we see reality and set these guys up for where they can perform at their ceilings? That's the concerning part. This is the NFL, great teams make do with less and dumb teams play pretend. Hopefully Rhule and Fritts wakes up and changes their evaluation and support processes going forward. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Bridgewater wouldn't have thrown as many picks because he didn't have the balls to try risky throws.

Throwing two yard passes when you need six or seven yards may not turn the ball over, but it doesn't exactly win games either.

I get what you're saying. But, I didn't see Sam make any really risky throws yesterday. He didn't make any throws "yesterday" that Teddy couldn't have made.  I just several really bad one throws and missed chances. Those INT's were off target/behind the receiver. He also missed some down the field opportunities. 

I only made my point because we wouldn't have had to give up a 2nd choice if we had kept Teddy, thus giving us more draft capital going forward. That said, I never have thought Teddy B was a franchise QB.

Edited by SCO96

1 minute ago, SCO96 said:

I get what you're saying. But, I didn't see Sam make any really risky throws yesterday. He didn't make any throws "yesterday" that Teddy couldn't have made.  I just several really bad one throws and missed chances. Those INT's were off target/behind the receiver. He also missed some down the field opportunities. 

I only made my point because we wouldn't have had to give up a 2nd choice if we had kept Teddy, thus giving us more draft capital going forward. That said, I never have thought Teddy B was a franchise QB.

I'll take a quarterback who takes risks over one who plays it safe tem times out of ten, even in a WCO.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

A dominant defensive performance where all you need to do is manage turnovers and get your team in scoring position and keep the other team playing the long field is exactly the type of game Teddy wins you. 

You don't have those games every week and when Teddy needed to do more he failed which is why we moved on, but I don't understand the need for folks to stubbornly deny a fairly mild take. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Pantherxtreme said:

And I'll take a QB that protects the ball when I have a defense that's playing great and I'll beat your risk taker 9 out of 10 times. 

How'd that work out last season?

What Bridgewater does isn't "protecting the ball". I could get behind that.

Playing scared? Not so much.

Edited by Mr. Scot