• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking from Sheena Quick: We passed on Justin Fields and began the trade for Darnold post Ohio St pro day

Verge

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

OK, good luck in your lottery then.

I've live in the Atlanta are since 1999 and have observed first hand how that lottery turns into results.

You want a Jerry Jones/Al Davis type. Ironically enough, the Cowboys are starting to find success again now that Jerry Jones has finally stopped back somewhat and let his football people drive the football decisions.

I don't doubt that Tepper will soon strongly urge Fitts and Rhule to make a bold move at QB if Darnold does indeed ultimately fail, but I do think he'll leave the final decision up to them on who they target. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You want a Jerry Jones/Al Davis type. Ironically enough, the Cowboys are starting to find success again now that Jerry Jones has finally stopped back somewhat and let his football people drive the football decisions.

I don't doubt that Tepper will soon strongly urge Fitts and Rhule to make a bold move at QB if Darnold does indeed ultimately fail, but I do think he'll leave the final decision up to them on who they target. 

No, what I'm saying is that you seem to be demanding an Arthur Blank type.

And honestly?  You want me to choose between Jerry/Al and Arthur? OK.

Then give me fugging Jerry/Al, cuz at least they've won the big one in their past instead of the "pretend feelings OMG WOKISM!" of the Arthur Blank leadership.

43 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

The billionaire ownership of the franchise doesn't seem to consider the quality of the starting QB position as being very important so far.

I mean, that's been made very clear for those paying attention and not hating over the last couple of years.

I don’t know. Theses last two QBs seem to be 100 percent Rhule. Tepper seems to really want a franchise QB but he keeps defaulting to Rhules decisions. 
Rhule seems to not see much value in a franchise QB and maybe that is because he is a college coach. 

• Pie 3

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

No, what I'm saying is that you seem to be demanding an Arthur Blank type.

And honestly?  You want me to choose between Jerry/Al and Arthur? OK.

Then give me fugging Jerry/Al, cuz at least they've won the big one in their past instead of the "pretend feelings OMG WOKISM!" of the Arthur Blank leadership.

No, I want a good manager. Good managers hire good people and then get out of their way offering input when needed but refusing to micromanage.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which makes me very worried because if Darnold ultimately doesn’t work out what does that say about a coaching staff that has failed twice. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, I want a good manager. Good managers hire good people and then get out of their way offering input when needed but refusing to micromanage.

And this is my point.

You're getting Arthur-Blank-ism WITH EVEN LESS EXPERIENCE IN THE NFL THAN ARTHUR BLANK.

So, yeah, as I keep repeating, good luck with that.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What exactly is your point? Because honestly it kinda just seems like incoherent yelling about Arthur Blank.

OK, brother.

Sorry to confuse you with actual arguments;

S'ok, please enjoy the performance of your actual NFL team.  My apologies in requesting that you actually think. 

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

OK, brother.

Sorry to confuse you with actual arguments;

S'ok, please enjoy the performance of your actual NFL team.  My apologies in requesting that you actually think. 

I'm just asking for clarification on your stance because it's not at all clear. You're just telling about Arthur Blank and seemingly wanting Tepper to morph into Al Davis. What am I missing here?