• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's 2005 again

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

With CMC in the game we have two legit weapons. We are missing the Olsen/Walls equivalent as we had Smitty and a RB back then too. Walls more for redzone dominance but Olsen to beat S/LB. Maybe Tremble can do that at some point but not now.

Arnold wasn't Olsen, but he was good (maybe better than we gave him credit for).

I agree that Tremble has loads of potential, but it's possible the braintrust overestimated how quickly he was going to develop.

Well Anderson should keep the S so even if he is only threatening the deep shots its like Ginn where it can/is important. OL will give more time, deep threat guys will suffer as much as anyone with a trash line.

Marshall will be fine IMO and Shi Smith I really like too his quickness may be just what we need for more quick hitters. He hasn't done anything yet obviously but he has good potential.

• Beer 1

Just now, Fox007 said:

Well Anderson should keep the S so even if he is only threatening the deep shots its like Ginn where it can/is important. OL will give more time, deep threat guys will suffer as much as anyone with a trash line.

Marshall will be fine IMO and Shi Smith I really like too his quickness may be just what we need for more quick hitters. He hasn't done anything yet obviously but he has good potential.

I'd love to see Shi Smith in there but I get the impression that Alex Erickson is keeping him on the bench.

And it's not that Erickson is doing bad or anything, but I question whether he has the potential to be as good as Smith might be.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

And for the record, I know some have said this but I'm not ready to say that extending Anderson was a bad decision yet.

I don't know if extending Anderson was a bad decision, but it could be a poor one. They have Moore, drafted two receivers, and had a few others that weren't terrible. Anderson's cap space could have been used elsewhere. It could have went to Moore, Burns, Oline free agents, or others.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't know if extending Anderson was a bad decision, but it could be a poor one. They have Moore, drafted two receivers, and had a few others that weren't terrible. Anderson's cap space could have been used elsewhere. It could have went to Moore, Burns, Oline free agents, or others.

I think most of the disagreement with the Anderson extension comes from people who were of the belief that Terrace Marshall was drafted to replace him.

I've seen that said. And to be fair, that was probably a reasonable theory at the time.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think most of the disagreement with the Anderson extension comes from people who were of the belief that Terrace Marshall was drafted to replace him.

I've seen that said. And to be fair, that was probably a reasonable theory at the time.

Yep. Imagine the outrage if the team lets Moore walk since they resigned Anderson.

You are right, looking at the field, the receivers are not getting open.  Sam apparently likes DJ for contested catches and our opponents know that.  

The time to throw has moved from  2.6  average last year to  2.9 partially because receivers aren't getting open.

Frisman Jackson, and Joe Brady better figure this out quick or they are in for a very long season.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd love to see Shi Smith in there but I get the impression that Alex Erickson is keeping him on the bench.

And it's not that Erickson is doing bad or anything, but I question whether he has the potential to be as good as Smith might be.

Erickson is one of those guys that is fine for what he is he seems to have clutch hands which is also something we need but we drafted Smith you have to imagine for the quickness and he also has hands and strength for his size.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Yep. Imagine the outrage if the team lets Moore walk since they resigned Anderson.

That cannot happen, for real. Not in the least...that really would be a move that'd make Hurney blush

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

You are right, looking at the field, the receivers are not getting open.  Sam apparently likes DJ for contested catches and our opponents know that.  

Yea this is something that isn't really being talked about but it's true. Why is that? well I think a lot of it has to do with the running of the same routes like the Eagles DB said and they are sitting at certain spots flattened up and ready to drive on our routes like you say...put the game on and watch their secondary a lot of the times of our opponents. When the DB has his back level and hardly backing up and then going forward upon the pass that poo is not on the QB or WR it's the calls.

• Pie 2