• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes 2021-2022 Season Games Thread

Harbingers

And we are back after a short off-season to a full regular season. Lots of changes in the canes lineup. Six new guys in total making their canes debut this evening. The biggest question as we have discussed is the goalies and can our front 5 make up for what looks to be the most prominent hole in our roster.

In lieu of making a games thread for every game or series since we are in a full season I figure it’s best to have one thread at least until late in the season. 

Tonight we will face the islanders for the first time in what? Over a year and a half? A staunch division opponent, if we can come out early tonight it will be huge. 

Forwards

Kotkaniemi - Aho - Necas

Svechnikov - Trocheck - Teravainen

Niederreiter - Staal - Fast

Martinook - Stepan - Lorentz

(Not really surprised here, looks all in order as predicted, except I figured TT would be up with Aho and KK let the three Finns run wild.)

Defensemen

Slavin - Bear

Skjei - Pesce

Cole - DeAngelo

(Exactly what I thought we would run, late Slavin cover for any early failings from Bear and let Bear attempt to churn some offense. Keeping the 2 line together was obvious. And let the two vet new guys anchor our third I think as Bear gets more comfortable we might see him and DeAngelo swap spots. 

Id be curious to see who are main PK unit is gonna be if forbid Pesce or Slavin takes a penalty. I’m guessing Cole, but I’ll admit I don’t know TDA’s ability in that role. Also who will be our main enforcer? TDA? Cole? 

Also who will we start over the top on PP1? Slavin? TDA? I don’t feel like we’d want to throw Bear in that saving role to start)

Goalie

Andersen

(Figured, I’d probably stand Raanta though personally. He better have his game up from the pre-season is all I gotta say.) 

Scratches:

Jarvis, B. Smith

(Jarvis is a bit of a head scratcher here for me. I know he’s in the wing in case of injury or somebody gets nicked up but if we are gonna roster him we might as well play him. If not send him back to the juniors so he can continue to grow. Perhaps we’ll swap him with Lorentz for a few games to take a look.)

Look forward to Tripp back in a booth Olsen has been nice back on the football but man nobody they have paired him with some awful awful play by play guys. 

• Pie 2

Annnnnd we're back!

Hope everyone took some time to decompress (I know I did), and refresh yourselves for a new season. We're on to 21'/22'.

KK on the top line has me immediately intrigued.

I hope Aho and TT can play without each other to the same level they play at when with each other.

I miss Morgan Geekie.

No Taxi Squad this year. Going to be interesting to see how COVID will affect the league.

Let's go Canes.

Edited by zacka77ack
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, zacka77ack said:

Annnnnd we're back!

Hope everyone took some time to decompress (I know I did), and refresh yourselves for a new season. We're on to 21'/22'.

KK on the top line has me immediately intrigued.

I hope Aho and TT can play without each other to the same level they play at when with each other.

I miss Morgan Geekie.

No Taxi Squad this year. Going to be interesting to see how COVID will affect the league.

Let's go Canes.

Ill just say TT missed most of last season and Seabass was still Seabass. Aho Necas on the same line is sick. We pretty have a 1A and 1B line this way.

• Pie 2