• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes 2021-2022 Season Games Thread

Harbingers

11 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Yeah, I have to agree. Trying to scroll my way through to where the game started & ended is a royal pain.

Why not just start a game thread for each game and delete the previous game?

As people said if people want to make a game thread for each game and this can be used as the catch all season thread. I created this cause I don’t know if I’ll be able to make a thread for each game, so that’s up to our hockey community here. Once we start getting down to the wire for sure but that’s a long way off. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

47 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

As people said if people want to make a game thread for each game and this can be used as the catch all season thread. I created this cause I don’t know if I’ll be able to make a thread for each game, so that’s up to our hockey community here. Once we start getting down to the wire for sure but that’s a long way off. 

And I appreciate the time and effort to create those threads. Maybe until we get way deeper in the season, a simple, no frills thread will suffice.

Tell ya what, I'll start the Montreal thread tomorrow, keep it simple and tell me what you all think?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

And I appreciate the time and effort to create those threads. Maybe until we get way deeper in the season, a simple, no frills thread will suffice.

Tell ya what, I'll start the Montreal thread tomorrow, keep it simple and tell me what you all think?

Sounds good to me!

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

29 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I'm down to help keep up with the game threads throughout the season. Wasn't trying to be a dick. I liked the series threads last season but IDK if the schedule lends itself to that this year.

Honestly, early in the season, this forum helps me keep up with the coverage more than anywhere else. Between NCAA, NFL, NBA seasons and MLB playoffs, small market southern hockey news is hard to come by...

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

We get to see our old pal Jake Bean tonight along with former long time Hurricanes prospect, Gregory Hoffman.

On our end, it appears Rod is going to ride this lineup until they lose (or someone gets injured).

Columbus is likely to role with:

Patrik Laine - Boone Jenner - Jakub Voracek

Gustav Nyquist - Cole Sillinger - Oliver Bjorkstrand

Alexandre Texier - Jack Roslovic - Yegor Chinakhov

Eric Robinson - Sean Kuraly - Gregory Hoffman

Zach Werenski - Jake Bean

Vladislav Gavrikov - Adam Boqvist

Scott Harrington - Andrew Peeke

Joonas Korpisalo

Elvis Merzlikins

Columbus is off to a strong start but they’ll be without Max Domi tonight who has been placed on IR. They always play tough in their own barn so this should be a good matchup.

We need keep eyes on Bjorkstrand who is off to a great start and stay out of the box so we limit Laine’s opportunities.

Overall, Columbus doesn’t generate a ton of high danger scoring chances and they are 31st in the league in shots per game. If we get the Freddie we’ve been seeing for the past few games then we should be able to come away with a win.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2

18 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

We get to see our old pal Jake Bean tonight along with former long time Hurricanes prospect, Gregory Hoffman.

On our end, it appears Rod is going to ride this lineup until they lose (or someone gets injured).

Joonas Korpisalo

Elvis Merzlikins

Columbus is off to a strong start but they’ll be without Max Domi tonight who has been placed on IR. They always play tough in their own barn so this should be a good matchup.

We need keep eyes on Bjorkstrand who is off to a great start and stay out of the box so we limit Laine’s opportunities.

Overall, Columbus doesn’t generate a ton of high danger scoring chances and they are 31st in the league in shots per game. If we get the Freddie we’ve been seeing for the past few games then we should be able to come away with a win.

Hopefully this does NOT mean Freddie won't play against his old team on Monday.

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Hopefully this does NOT mean Freddie won't play against his old team on Monday.

Tough to say but I suspect that Freddie plays against Toronto and Raanta gets Boston.

While Freddie does have a winning record against Boston, he’s lost to them more than any other team he’s played. To my knowledge, Raanta has never faced Boston.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Joonas Korpisalo

Elvis Merzlikins

Bean is a DL1 for them? Wow. He was barely cracking DL3 for us last season. He’s either second or third in TOI for them defensively. Better take advantage of the insider knowledge on him. 

Also going Korpisalo over Merzlikins is interesting. 

47 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Bean is a DL1 for them? Wow. He was barely cracking DL3 for us last season. He’s either second or third in TOI for them defensively. Better take advantage of the insider knowledge on him. 

Also going Korpisalo over Merzlikins is interesting. 

Playing his offside too, I’d like to get Necas out there against him.

• Pie 1

Canes writers break down the next four teams we face. Boston will be the big test to me. Especially if they come at us with their overly physical game. It seems like most teams have either let us or been incapable of shutting down our game so far. 

But basically it’s Toronto, Boston and a pair of scrubs for this home game stretch.