• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

i keep thinking about the damn eagles game....who does this team look to when shits falling apart?

electro's horse

13 hours ago, rayzor said:

He's talking about that guy on the field who, when everything is falling apart and everyone is frazzled and/or feeling like it's out of control, will rally the guys together and get them to pull their poo together.

It's the Jake Delhomme guy they need. Probably never a better guy at bringing a team back together and getting them to function when they've been gut punched. That's pretty much the story of every game in 2003 and most of 2005.

I want Darnold to be that guy, but like Fiz said, they're all just too damn young. And there's also something you've just got to be born with, a certain charisma for rallying the troops to make that final charge. 

We really, really do need that guy.

58 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's the Jake Delhomme guy they need. Probably never a better guy at bringing a team back together and getting them to function when they've been gut punched. That's pretty much the story of every game in 2003 and most of 2005.

I want Darnold to be that guy, but like Fiz said, they're all just too damn young. And there's also something you've just got to be born with, a certain charisma for rallying the troops to make that final charge. 

We really, really do need that guy.

Yeah I agree. Jake had traveled a long road to get where he was and he came with a level of maturity that came from just being an older guy. He has his own battles he had fought to get where he was and was ready to fight and be "that guy" as soon as he stepped into that huddle.

I think Sam can be that guy and they need him to be that guy, but he's still early on that journey. They all are. They're going to have to fight together and in doing that they'll learn who it is they can count on to get them right. And who it is that can get them right will emerge, he'll find out that he's that guy.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Yeah I agree. Jake had traveled a long road to get where he was and he came with a level of maturity that came from just being an older guy. He has his own battles he had fought to get where he was and was ready to fight and be "that guy" as soon as he stepped into that huddle.

I think Sam can be that guy and they need him to be that guy, but he's still early on that journey. They all are. They're going to have to fight together and in doing that they'll learn who it is they can count on to get them right. And who it is that can get them right will emerge, he'll find out that he's that guy.

Exactly!