• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This loss is on the receivers, not Sam.

onmyown

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

It's also fair to question for now the ability of the coaching staff to identify a QB. That hasn't been settled yet at all

Remember, though...

They wanted Watson, all that BS occurred.

They wanted Stafford, he WISELY went elsewhere

They did not want to risk losing out on any QB as it wasn't guaranteed that Fields would drop..

...so they chose Sam.

It is what it is.

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

Remember, though...

They wanted Watson, all that BS occurred.

They wanted Stafford, he WISELY went elsewhere

They did not want to risk losing out on any QB as it wasn't guaranteed that Fields would drop..

...so they chose Sam.

It is what it is.

Yea you right that's true. Darnold was option 3

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Bears have to fire Nagy. He's every bit as bad as Gase ever was.

Fair.  But a part of me thinks that good/great qb's can overcome bad coaching.  Watson, Cam, Stafford, Ryan...... are a few examples of this.

But yeah its early for him and I hope it works out because he seems like a good kid

12 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I wouldn't put him or any rookie behind this OL. So if it was me he'd be sitting which is something they should be doing anyway if you don't have poo to go with them.

Agreed. It's better to have a bridge QB like Darnold taking these shots. He doesn't have a future here as a starter, so he can do what he does while we build a better team around him. We basically only have him through 2022 anyway and he will be gone.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be fine with Fields sitting and learning while Darnold takes this pounding. I just think this staff believed they could fast forward the rebuild by focusing on the rest of the roster while dumpster diving at QB. It just doesn't work that way in today's NFL. They keep tweaking the rules to benefit offense to give the casual fans the high flying high scoring games they want to see. In response, you better build a roster capable of putting up points in bunches.

That'd be how i'd play it out to if I had picked Fields. I don't like starting rookie QBs anyway so I'm in the camp of having them sit and learn while we develop them and the talent around them. fug all that falling for the media pressure poo they could say what they want.

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

IF they fire Nagy while only giving him trubisky, dalton, and fields at QB what does that say to the rest of the league, lets see how Nagy does with a Pat Mahommes first. 

They made a HUGE trade up signed off on by Nagy to get Trubisky an Trubisky looked like a completely different QB in preseason with the Bills under a different staff. Fields is another top 10 pick identified by Nagy. Don't forget about SB winning QB Nick Foles who also looked like trash under Nagy. Very few coaches have ever gotten as many high level swings at QBs as Nagy has.

Your attempt at playing gotcha was weak as fug.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They made a HUGE trade up signed off on by Nagy to get Trubisky an Trubisky looked like a completely different QB in preseason with the Bills under a different staff. Fields is another top 10 pick identified by Nagy. Don't forget about SB winning QB Nick Foles who also looked like trash under Nagy. Very few coaches have ever gotten as many high level swings at QBs as Nagy has.

Your attempt at playing gotcha was weak as fug.

I am pretty sure both of the QBs Brady has worked with, he wanted and signed off on, just saying.

Also, everyone knows Nagy is a trash coach, I was partially joking but you get so defensive. 

19 minutes ago, Mvp2014 said:

Momentum shift was huge on those dropped passes.  Especially robbies 2 on the same drive.  Totally different game if he catches a few of those

Totally different game if all our receivers caught a few passes.   My lord.... smh.

30 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I am pretty sure both of the QBs Brady has worked with, he wanted and signed off on, just saying.

Also, everyone knows Nagy is a trash coach, I was partially joking but you get so defensive. 

I'm sure he did, but what were his other choices? It just doesn't feel like we were ready or willing to make a big investment at QB. We bowed out of the Stafford talks. We bowed out of the Watson talks even before the allegations. We had obviously rules out Fields and Mac Jones. I just think this staff felt like they could find a serviceable answer at QB without making a big investment and now they're seeing what you're likely to get with second tier vets.