• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WRs had the 6th most catchable drops by a team the last decade

ncfan

2 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Yeah, I normally don't but everybody acting like he cost us the game and his attitude is terrible. I just know why I would be mad. 

People are just reacting emotionally to him having a bad game and a fairly bad season. It's partly people looking to blame everyone because we are losing, partly people that didn't want to sign him to an extension and partly the Darnold fanboys who refuse to see his flaws and will blame anyone and everything.

• Beer 3

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

People are just reacting emotionally to him having a bad game and a fairly bad season. It's partly people looking to blame everyone because we are losing, partly people that didn't want to sign him to an extension and partly the Darnold fanboys who refuse to see his flaws and will blame anyone and everything.

I have barely skimmed this site in the last 24 hours cause I truly think the Tinderbox is the more emotionally stable forum than the main Panthers' forum at this point...so maybe I've just overlooked all these Darnold fanboys.  Are "Darnold fanboys" simply people who say he is only part of the problem rather than the sole problem?  Or are there actually people who say he is flawless and that this season is everyone's fault except his?  Personally I think our o-line is far and away the biggest problem for our offense...followed by Darnold's play and Brady's playcalling being neck-and-neck for the other culprits to our offensive woes.  Is that an unreasonable assessment?  I feel like 98% of the board would agree with that...  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I have barely skimmed this site in the last 24 hours cause I truly think the Tinderbox is the more emotionally stable forum than the main Panthers' forum at this point...so maybe I've just overlooked all these Darnold fanboys.  Are "Darnold fanboys" simply people who say he is only part of the problem rather than the sole problem?  Or are there actually people who say he is flawless and that this season is everyone's fault except his?  Personally I think our o-line is far and away the biggest problem for our offense...followed by Darnold's play and Brady's playcalling being neck-and-neck for the other culprits to our offensive woes.  Is that an unreasonable assessment?  I feel like 98% of the board would agree with that...  

Yes, there are multiple Darnold fanboys who literally pop up in every thread blaming Brady, Robby, the OL, Rhule or whoever else for any mistake he makes. That is a group here, although getting smaller as they all realize what he is, a very subpar QB being put in a situation to fail.

• Pie 1

I think you’ve mistaken fanboys for realists. Everyone knows his warts coming from the Jets. You give him the same situation that he’s had with the Jets yet you expect him to perform better than expected the last few games. Not one person doesn’t think he has faults yet people expect him to perform like a top 10 QB when his OLine leaves a lot to be desired and his receivers had issues catching the ball the last game. His decision making has been an issue but you can’t expect him to get better if you’re constantly putting him in unfavorable situations.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, frankw said:

Most of those are Robby I assume. If there is anyone who has a pff sub and can get our team drop numbers for 2020 and this year to compare that would be helpful. We have the same hc the same oc the same top 2 receivers that each put up 1k+ last year the biggest difference is qb. There has to be something going on to explain this huge swing. Either last year was a mirage and Robby got paid and stopped caring or there are things behind the scenes we don't know about.

Marshall drop

DJ at least two drops

Tremble at least 1 drop. 

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't know what is up with Robby but something clearly is. 

Yesterday wasn't a great example, as the drops were EVERYWHERE. It was crazy. Like someone put a hex on the ball.

I will be curious to see if that was just a bad game by the team or if there is something else going on.

It might be the strength darnold is trowing it with. Teddy's balls all seem to be soft touch balls when he was here. Now he's trowing fastballs because he has wide outs that can catch those??? 

Pretty sure they said he had a concussion so he has to clear the protocol. 

Darnold successfully got him rocked, something he tried to do to DJ earlier. 

I'll be glad when the post-Darnold era begins. He is tough to watch.

Again was Darnold not supposed to try and complete the pass?

Gronk catches that.

Steve Smith catches that.

A hospital ball is high over the middle where you have to stretch out not chest high.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, CRA said:

you are projecting that all catchable balls are caught though.  That doesn’t happen in the NFL.  

If only 60% are catchable, a NFL QB is just just going to have a percentage of those caught.  it’s basically a guarantee that he will have a low completion percentage.

Take away the throw aways.

They shouldn't count that.

I find it hilarious that people are still on the Darnold bandwagon. 

Then again, it took almost 3/4 of the 2020 season for the majority of the Huddle to see the obvious with Teddy. 

The level of deja vu is pretty crazy too. "It isn't Teddy's fault! It's *insert other unit/coaches*'s fault! Teddy can't do it all!"

Fast forward to late season, "WHY ARE WE EVEN STARTING TEDDY??!! PUT IN PJ OR WILL GRIER AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE!!"

I find it hilarious that we are pinning everything on him.

Two weeks in a row he made plays that could win the game. 

Robby dropped the game winner then a punt block last week.

Everyone dropped everything this week and the D just let them March right down the field.

Look I'm not saying he's the next Jake. 

But he could be the next Stevie B and that's not too terrible. 

The guy you should be the most pissed at is Burns. He has lost us at least one game this year.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

This I can agree with. People keep making excuses for him. Yeah WRs will drop balls and OL will miss blocks, but good QBs don’t consistently poo the bed when things fall apart. Basically if the whole offense is playing well, Darnold can play good. That can be says for most NFL QBs. The franchise ones can still play good and rally their team when the poo hits the fan. Darnold can’t do that IMO. Game Manager or serviceable QB seems to fit him. If everything is going well, he can play good. 

You guys are blind.

Did he not rally them and put them on his back in the last 2 minutes?

• Pie 1