• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021-2022 Games Thread

Captain Morgan

1 hour ago, pantherdad said:

Truth. Even with the Hornets every 4th or 5th game poo game….they are still trending upward. Get us a legit big man, and we are in there consistently. Speaking of which…do the Hornets have Plumlee past this season? Not sure. If Mark Williams is there in the second round, do we take him? Great size and will battle on the boards and has a nice shot. Pair him with Trez and Kai, and I would think we would have a nice front court. Just not sure where he is projected. Tired of watching Plumlee get blocked and acting too scared to bring it back up to the basket. 

Sportrac says the Hornets have Plumlee for another season.

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

Chet holmgren can get the fug on outta here. Laugh out loud to anyone drafting him (and yes I know he's a lottery pick for some reason)

Holmgren will be fine… he’s a healthier Porzingis and an elite shot blocker. He probably won’t be a cornerstone piece of a roster but he could easily put up Porzingis numbers.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

10 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Holmgren will be fine… he’s a healthier Porzingis and an elite shot blocker. He probably won’t be a cornerstone piece of a roster but he could easily put up Porzingis numbers.

I don't see it at all. 7'1 scrawny, slow. Can't see him scoring or defending in the NBA at all, let alone being a top 5 pick

4 minutes ago, toldozer said:

I don't see it at all. 7'1 scrawny, slow. Can't see him scoring or defending in the NBA at all, let alone being a top 5 pick

LOL. He's going to be good. This is just not a good take. 

The NBA is a shell of what it once was. He's going to be defending 6'9 and 6'7 Centers. I think he'll be just fine. 

3 hours ago, toldozer said:

I don’t think he’s particularly slow. I think he’s a typical stretch four. It’s hard to justify taking a stretch four early because for every KD there are hundreds of average players like P.J. Washington.

I can see why some might be hesitant to take Holmgren this year because this could be a very good draft: Smith, Banchero, Ivey, Davis, Agbaji, Murray and going down even further you have guys like Williams, Hardy, Baldwin, Wesley, Keels, Houston, Chandler… strong draft imo. 

4 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

LOL. He's going to be good. This is just not a good take. 

The NBA is a shell of what it once was. He's going to be defending 6'9 and 6'7 Centers. I think he'll be just fine. 

Everyone can have their own opinion.  My is he will never average more than 4 pts a game in the NBA. But to be fair I didn't think stephs game would translate to the NBA.  I still think I was right about that though.  His talent just happened to transcend and change the whole damn league.

2 hours ago, toldozer said:

Everyone can have their own opinion.  My is he will never average more than 4 pts a game in the NBA. But to be fair I didn't think stephs game would translate to the NBA.  I still think I was right about that though.  His talent just happened to transcend and change the whole damn league.

4 points per game? In an NBA where defense is optional and half the Centers are 6'9 or shorter? Wow. 

7 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

What's everyones prediction for tomorrow? I think we go into Atlanta and get a win and then lose the next series.  John Collins is out and Heyward, i'll be honest the team doesnt even need him anymore. 

I think we beat Atlanta and then we will see who we play.  I don't like playing kyrie and Durant at all but I think they're a better match-up