• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio confirms: It's currently down to the Dolphins and Panthers for Deshaun Watson

TheSpecialJuan

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I really don't think there's anything here. Joe Person first of all....

Second of all the other stuff is just repeating what Joe Person said and there is no verification or anything in addition to Joe Person just saying this....no one has a source is what it really is.

Joe Person wouldn’t tweet that if he hadn’t heard from someone.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He is not going to simply make something up from thin air.  

Just now, Mage said:

There’s way too much noise for us not to be in negotiations. 

What reason do you have to think we aren’t in talks?

We've been in talks for Watson since the offseason that's not new.

Joe Person said we were taking Fields up until and including Draft Day and he was on the board when we picked. Like I said new info from Joe Person based on what.

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

So, its looking like NO Exempt List for Watson assuming hes traded.  That changes things quite dramatically IMO

I was concerned that the Eagles might get involved. No one has as much ammo as the Eagles when it comes to trade value. They are sitting on a treasureload of draft picks.

They just dont have the player to offer in return.

Edited by TheCasillas

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

We've been in talks for Watson since the offseason that's not new.

Joe Person said we were taking Fields up until and including Draft Day and he was on the board when we picked. Like I said new info from Joe Person based on what.

The org is not gonna tell Joe person who were gonna pick with the #8 draft pick. That was just speculation with him and other writers when they did that article on who they thought we would pick.

We’re definitely in on this trade. Too much smoke from a variety of different sources. Only way we don’t land him is if they don’t feel comfortable giving up more than Miami. My guess is he will be a panther before the deadline. This place will go nuclear because the package will be extreme.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I was concerned that the Eagles might get involved. No one has as much ammo as the Eagles when it comes to trade value. They are sitting on a treasureload of draft picks.

They just dont have the player to offer in return.

Also, apparently Watson himself has no desire to play in Philly and he gets the final say in the matter. 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

We’re definitely in on this trade. Too much smoke from a variety of different sources. Only way we don’t land him is if they don’t feel comfortable giving up more than Miami. My guess is he will be a panther before the deadline. This place will go nuclear because the package will be extreme.

We have been for months.

That smoke is coming from just Joe Persons tweet it's the same smoke not too much smoke.

And why would they tell Joe Person anything at all not just about the #8 pick. If anything you'd want the Dolphins to just think it's them so they can undercut their picks instead of knowing that the Panthers are in a bidding war. Makes no sense.