• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I tried to warn you all...

The Goddamn Jets

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

I have tried to get behind Sam and was hoping he could develop but keep going back to the first thought I had on him when we were considering adding him.

TURNOVER MACHINE

That is totally playing out

Yeah I  tried to be as positive as I possibly could when we got Sam.  I thought he could be fixed and would show us why he was the number 3 pick in the draft.  Those first 3 games were fools gold.  Sam is an absolutely dreadful QB.  If we have to watch another season and a half this this dude behind center there might not be any Panthers fans left.  Something has got to give, because Sam, Rhule and Joe Brady are sinking this ship with no survivors.  Its bad....real, real, real bad.  

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

@HardcoreHokie said it and @OldhamA was his lead blocker for anyone who pointed out that the premise was absurd. We were just all being negative.

Apologies, I didn't realise they were going to let him get obliterated behind this Oline.

Those first three weeks were fun tho, huh? Y'know before the hits started to add up and he regressed back to the Jets version of Darnold. 

Darnold is not confident with his reads.  He is hesitating.  Because his OL sucks, he feels the need to flee--yes, flee--based on his instincts.  His coaching and brain tell him to throw to the open man.  When a man is open, his feet are all wrong and his accuracy suffers.  Cam had the same problem. 

Sam is getting worse, and the opposition has no impact on that.   The WRs have no confidence in him---and that is the kiss of death.

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Apologies, I didn't realise they were going to let him get obliterated behind this Oline.

Those first three weeks were fun tho, huh? Y'know before the hits started to add up and he regressed back to the Jets version of Darnold. 

Yesterday he threw a pass into an area with five Giants defenders from a clean pocket. The oline could be better but he's always been the same Sam Darnold. Accept it and move on.

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah I  tried to be as positive as I possibly could when we got Sam.  I thought he could be fixed and would show us why he was the number 3 pick in the draft.  Those first 3 games were fools gold.  Sam is an absolutely dreadful QB.  If we have to watch another season and a half this this dude behind center there might not be any Panthers fans left.  Something has got to give, because Sam, Rhule and Joe Brady are sinking this ship with no survivors.  Its bad....real, real, real bad.  

Yea I tried that whole positivity thing and look where it got us. 

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

@HardcoreHokie said it and @OldhamA was his lead blocker for anyone who pointed out that the premise was absurd. We were just all being negative.

I was just starting fresh and was giving all the benefits of all the doubts to be fair but the floor is actually a black hole. When he looks good he actually does look just fine but when your ceiling keeps collapsing you don't have one.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It was just like Teddy last year. It looked good until opposing DCs got the relevant film to study. That's when the truth comes out. It tried to tell y'all this for two straight years, but I was just being negative.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Yesterday he threw a pass into an area with five Giants defenders from a clean pocket. The oline could be better but he's always been the same Sam Darnold. Accept it and move on.

Do you know why that pass was so poor? Because he didn't step into the throw. If he steps into that he probably hits Tremble in the back of the EndZone.

Do you know why he didn't step into the throw? Because he's shook af playing behind this Oline. His mechanics are regressing again. It's time to move on because we've ruined him, but it's as much on Brady and the Oline as anyone else.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was just like Teddy last year. It looked good until opposing DCs got the relevant film to study.

On this note too i'm starting to pay more attention to the Drew Brees type comments about our schemes being college schemes though as numerous people have pointed it out in the media and then Anderson on the sideline....

This isn't an absolving of any player its just another truth to pay attention to.

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea I tried that whole positivity thing and look where it got us. 

I was just starting fresh and was giving all the benefits of all the doubts to be fair but the floor is actually a black hole. When he looks good he actually does look just fine but when your ceiling keeps collapsing you don't have one.

Sam just looks completely broken.  Skittish as hell, no confidence, his fundamentals and footwork have completely collapsed.  Hes regressed over this last month in the biggest way possible.  Im afraid hes just damaged goods ala David Carr. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was just like Teddy last year. It looked good until opposing DCs got the relevant film to study. That's when the truth comes out. It tried to tell y'all this for two straight years, but I was just being negative.

No I agree, which is why I've called for Joe Brady to be fired.

He isn't up to calling plays at this level. Garrett put on a master class yesterday. Brady called plays like he still eats crayons. 

Just now, OldhamA said:

Do you know why that pass was so poor? Because he didn't step into the throw. If he steps into that he probably hits Tremble in the back of the EndZone.

Do you know why he didn't step into the throw? Because he's shook af playing behind this Oline. His mechanics are regressing again. It's time to move on because we've ruined him, but it's as much on Brady and the Oline as anyone else.

He had a receiver open low and one alone in the end zone and threw a pick that's not mechanics that's the same decision making that got him ran out of New York. Yeah Joe Brady needs to be replaced but Sam's decision making is some of the worst I've seen and that didn't just happen the last three weeks you can see the same crap on his Jets tape.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

On this note too i'm starting to pay more attention to the Drew Brees type comments about our schemes being college schemes though as numerous people have pointed it out in the media and then Anderson on the sideline....

This isn't an absolving of any player its just another truth to pay attention to.

I think we REALLY dialed things back this year due to severe limitations on the OL and at QB. I mean, if your OL sucks and your QB sucks, you're basically fuged from jump street. There's only so much you can scheme around. I'd like to see Brady get a chance to work with a decent OL and QB, I'm just not sure it's in the cards.