• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I tried to warn you all...

The Goddamn Jets

2 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Zach had a good game against the Titans. He's better than Sam but holy fug just sit him for the rest of the year

Meh - Connected on a few big plays, but missed a number of easy throws that would have sealed the game well before needing a missed OT FG.

At present, he's basically just a schoolyard QB who's one play is "go long" and his biggest weapon this throwing the ball downfield and getting a DPI for a big gain.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

I didn't want Sam to start with. That's a guy you pick up after he's cut and give him a 1 year prove it deal, or pay what you have to on the contract only. I still still don't know why we traded for him. No other teams wanted him.

I understand the trade, as there is some reason to believe the Jets were the problem, because well...

I cannot understand why in the world you'd pick up his option.  You're on the hook for 18M when you'd probably want to get rid of him.  Franchise tag would only have been 7M more, in the worst case financial scenario were you to have been right that he was actually good and the Jets/Gase were the problem.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, pantherj said:

I didn't want Sam to start with. That's a guy you pick up after he's cut and give him a 1 year prove it deal, or pay what you have to on the contract only. I still still don't know why we traded for him. No other teams wanted him.

I didn't mind trading for him, though I thought the 2nd was a round too high. What I did mind was picking up that option as opposed to letting him earn his status on the field. The motherfuger learned nothing from the Teddy situation. Dumb!

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, The Goddamn Jets said:

I understand the trade, as there is some reason to believe the Jets were the problem, because well...

I cannot understand why in the world you'd pick up his option.  You're on the hook for 18M when you'd probably want to get rid of him.  Franchise tag would only have been 7M more, in the worst case financial scenario were you to have been right that he was actually good and the Jets/Gase were the problem.

it’s the opposite. a year and what makes it essentially 12m a year for two years doesn’t mean anything. anyone crying about that doesn’t understand the cap, what qbs cost now days, salaries and how it can be manipulated. Panthers have 12m just sitting doing nothing as we speak

i don’t understand the trade…you’ll never get back those picks which are much more value than paying some dead money for a year this team won’t be competing for anything anyways

hell for all the dead or live money the Panthers pay anyways for worthless/ex players and now Robbie’s bullshit contract it is barley even relevant enough to think about 

Edited by onmyown

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I didn't mind trading for him, though I thought the 2nd was a round too high. What I did mind was picking up that option as opposed to letting him earn his status on the field. The motherfuger learned nothing from the Teddy situation. Dumb!

I saw a video of Rhule and his staff talking about trading for Sam. They thought he looked like Matthew Stafford, the guy they really wanted. Matt said he didn't want to come here, and Fitterer went into overdrive to find a vet.

Just now, Shocker said:

You don't have weapons or a line. 

That's the reason we're not a good offense.  And, Wilson has definitely been let down by them at times.  But, Wilson's inability to execute is the reason we're a dreadful one.

There are many, many opportunities that he botches.  Look now further than todays game.  Our back-up QB, who is by no means good, came in, and he found open WRs and moved the ball.  Is he a guy you can rely on, of course not.  But, does he dispel the notion that nothing is possible with this offense?  I think so.