• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In support of Coach Rhule

PanthersATL

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Vinny Testaverde was respectable here. Peete wasn’t that bad. Both better than what we have. 

They did the best they could with their abilities(both older players at the time) but they were far from good. And neither of them was going to produce a playoff caliber team for us. 

12 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:
12 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

I’ll stay in his corner…if our players suck as much as ours do, not a whole lot any coach can do

Here's a fair question: who acquired said players?

Who:
- traded for Darnold
- ignored the offense for an entire draft
- skipped picking any OL in multiple rounds this year
- extended Robby Anderson to a big deal
- kept his college QB as the backup because he was his college QB
- advocated for signing two of the league's worst OL to hilarious deals early in free agency

Make no mistake about it...

...Matt Rhule is the GM of your Carolina Panthers.

I hope he eventually gets it right, and I think he will.

I tried, I really did. I've been on the bus for him in hopes that he lives up to the talk, the potential. I was very critical of Snow last season, slightly critical of Brady, but stuck with Rhule. I've not been on the Fitterer bandwagon and there's been little to recommend it.

Now, after that loss to the Giants, he embasrassed us. That was a case of an unprepared, poorly built team having no plan going in to play someone they clearly should have beaten. Put as much of it on Darnold's shoulders as you can, but there is sooooo much blame to go around.

We've lost four games in a row to progressively worse teams. We've got Atlanta next week and probably another loss with even more embarrassing results.

Excuse me while I think we've found the newest version of Chip Kelley.

I just don't get how the initial forecast for Rhule's success was 3 years, and after 7 games into year two, so many are ready to dump him. 

He needs another offseason to hit the OL and figure out QB .....and OC. I don't know if Rhule will be successful, but to think that this franchise could've been turned around completely in less than two years is not reasonable. 

He/Brady/Snow are for the most part, rookie coaches. If we give players this kind of latitude, I think that coaches making the jump to the highest level of football should be viewed with a similar lens. 

On 10/25/2021 at 7:55 AM, Carl Spackler said:

Here's a fair question: who acquired said players?

Who:
- traded for Darnold
- ignored the offense for an entire draft
- skipped picking any OL in multiple rounds this year
- extended Robby Anderson to a big deal
- kept his college QB as the backup because he was his college QB
- advocated for signing two of the league's worst OL to hilarious deals early in free agency

Hilarious deals for the OL? I presume you're talking about the $8mil over 2 years in guarantees for Erving and the $6mil in guarantees for Elflein over 3 years? You don't get GOOD OL for less than $15mil per year. We got two mediocre vets for an ave of $6mil per year.

Objectively we can talk about the merits of Horn over Slater. I was shocked at the time for sure.