• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They just don't get it....

Jmac

1 hour ago, uncfan888 said:

I've seen deshaun put up big numbers in houston with their train wreck of an offensive line.

But I expect the team to address the line this offseason. They have to

Yep numbers are awesome, even last year, but I’ve also seen very little winning due to a garbage team.

11 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

I know this will shock many of you, but the O-line is very important and so is the QB. Both are super important to improve. 

Here’s the thing, we have a chance RIGHT NOW to upgrade one of those positions with a top 5/10 player. We don’t have the opportunity in front of us to upgrade the offensive line. 

Grab Watson and use the draft/free agency to upgrade the line. 

This ain't Madden man.  Everything has costs and availability demands.  The cost for Watson alone prevents you from having capital for years to fix anything else.  Don't forget his salary and negative media attention you are taking on. 

Oh, before I forget, olinemen have to be available before you can overpay for them in FA.  You will be building that oline with 3rd round draft picks for several years.  All other positions will be low round scrubs you hope can contribute. 

Good luck with that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

This ain't Madden man.  Everything has costs and availability demands.  The cost for Watson alone prevents you from having capital for years to fix anything else.  Don't forget his salary and negative media attention you are taking on. 

Oh, before I forget, olinemen have to be available before you can overpay for them in FA.  You will be building that oline with 3rd round draft picks for several years.  All other positions will be low round scrubs you hope can contribute. 

Good luck with that.

Truth

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Slater ain't fixing Pardis, Miller and whoever's at LG.. You would still have a Bad Oline giving up pressure to every DT and Dline stunt ... So we would still be bad..

But its a fuging start man.  We could have continued to address the oline in the 2nd and 3rd. 

So now in the 2022 offseason we need a LT, LG, center and probably more depth.  It doesnt work like that, its a slow accumulation of these things

Edited by mrcompletely11

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But its a fuging start man.  We could have continued to address the oline in the 2nd and 3rd. 

But it doesn't add up to the effect..

Horn when healthy fixed the Secondary.. He shut down one side of the field.. Literally teams avoided throwing at him...

Slater and Moton would have helped edge pressure .. But we aren't getting killed on the edge (until this last game).. We are getting killed between the guards and center position.. Something Slater couldn't help...

Horn helped the defense more when healthy then Slater would have helped the offense..

Edited by WOW!!

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Good luck with that.

I would say the same to you as well. This isn’t Madden. Good luck building a offensive line and then somehow finding a franchise QB. We’ve been a franchise for 27 years and have had 1 franchise QB. MAYBE two if you really consider Delhome a franchise QB. 

I look at the Browns for instance. They’ve had problems finding a franchise QB for DECADES. They’ve had a top pick in the draft for years. They built up their offensive line to one of the best in the NFL. Their franchise guy is Baker Mayfield. He’s a top 20 QB in this league and they’re still struggling to stay above .500. 

Again, both positions are important, but you’re not winning ANYTHING without an elite QB. There’s a 25 year old Elite QB to be had right in front of us. 

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

But it doesn't add up to the effect..

Horn when healthy fixed the Secondary.. He shut down one side of the field.. Literally teams avoided throwing at him...

Slater and Moton would have helped edge pressure .. But we aren't getting killed on the edge (until this last game).. We are getting killed between the guards and center position.. Something Slater couldn't help...

Horn helped the defense more when healthy then Slater would have helped the offense..

Corners are infinitely easier to find than an all pro LT.  

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You are looking at things in a vacuum, its not just about this year, or this draft.  I mean they went all defense 2 years ago which is now looking a like a big mistake.   At some fuging point they have to spend high draft picks on lineman.  Thats just the way things work in the nfl.  You cannot cut corners like we did.  However, obviously we have one pick in 2 days come April.  I fear we are going to be in the exact same spot (again) in 2022.

I screamed for a LT in 2020 (we had our pick of 3 good ones) and I screamed again to spend some draft capital in 2021.  We got some 25 year old that is clearly in over his head in the 3rd.  Thats it. 

How was it mistake to go defense??

You literally has nothing but Djax, Burns and Shaq on defense before they got here... You had a defense that aged out and needed to be rebuilt.... 

This defense with any help on offense is top 5... A year later... The Oline is going to take more then a year to fix no matter what you do and you couldn't do both in 1 year... This is still only Rhules 2nd year and Fitts 1st...

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Corners are infinitely easier to find than an all pro LT.  

But you got more effect from getting the cb and again this is only year 2 of the rebuild.. They already started on defense why not finish it before you jumped to offense???

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

How was it mistake to go defense??

You literally has nothing but Djax, Burns and Shaq on defense before they got here... You had a defense that aged out and needed to be rebuilt.... 

This defense with any help on offense is top 5... A year later... The Oline is going to take more then a year to fix no matter what you do and you couldn't do both in 1 year... This is still only Rhules 2nd year and Fitts 1st...

um bro, we have 2 of those picks playing currently.  2

Just now, WOW!! said:

But you got more effect from getting the cb and again this is only year 2 of the rebuild.. They already started on defense why not finish it before you jumped to offense???

:sigh:  because you end up with a poo line like we are witnessing now.  You cannot win in the NFL if you dont score points and block for your qb