• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apathy

Seltzer

17 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I do not share your views on this fanbase.

The fans here WILL support the team, and do, until there is reason enough not to.  That's where many of us are.

Those of us who spend a lot of money at the team store, or who travel to a lot of both home and away games (home game is well over $1,000.00 for me to make the trip), have already stopped spending that money.  Next will come the actual games...that's happened to me already.  Think it's not happening around BOA on gamedays?  Check out the complain threads about visitor team fan invasions.

Too bad too, Tepper could have really cemented the fanbase had he done anything correctly after closing on the purchase...instead he has done zero correct, and uncountable things wrongly.

He deserves this, the fans do not.

I'm not sure you even understand my views on this fanbase, based on your response to my post. This place is an echo chamber of bitchy, overly opinionated fans, as you'll find pretty much anywhere on the internet. I think the majority of Panther fans still support the team and aren't nearly as invested and angry as the small number of people who post daily on this board. 

Building things takes time. It's always great when success comes earlier than expected, but it's not the norm. 

Adding stadium concerts to Charlotte is a good thing. Adding a professional soccer team is a good thing. I remember how many people didn't want the uptown arena and think about how many great concerts I've been to there, and now it seems like we've finally got a young team to root for. Things take time. More than 1.5 years. If you've got to go, then go.  

• Pie 1

No NFL team owners are hurting from their initial purchase to the current market value of their  teams...........as a result some owners while they would certainly like to see their team win it is not hurting their bottom line.

Collectively the NFL team values tend to raise all boats together.

That stated Tepper has more value in his investment now than when he started out so....... as long as it stays in the black then winning could remain secondary to his goal of making money as an owner...............

On the other hand PSL owners tend to live and die on the record with what they can get out of their investment..........its like the PSL owners took much of the risk with the cost of the stadium being built instead of the owner........

and with this team as it currently is performing...........it makes the losses hurt more for the PSL owners knowing that doesn't help the market value of their investment. 

An ugly situation for a franchise to be in...........from the fan side of things.

Personally, I don't get wrapped up in any sports where it would hurt my pocket book.....if the games are on tv free then I'll watch them or if I get free tickets I might go to a game................but I never saw reason to spend any money on people making millions playing a game.........

Edited by PghPanther
  • Pie 1

For me the problem is, and always has been vision.

The only thing anyone can tell me for certain about this team and it's plan for the future is: "Carolina wants a Franchise QB."

Any middle schooler could tell you that's something a football team would want. And that fact that it's all we have is embarrassing.

The only vision we seem to have in FA and the draft outside of wanting a QB seems to be how many tickets and jersey a player or position sells. 

Drafting Marshall was only exciting, since we were neglecting glaring holes for a luxury pick, if you don't resign Anderson. The writing was on the wall, clear as day to be seen. And Marshall is a GOOD player to take when taken alone by himself. But then our noodle brained FO and owner went out and resigned Anderson. And why? For what? 

The Panthers need a list and plan beyond QB. There are layers of talent, and asset management that get you to the playoffs, and a Super Bowl beyond priority #1.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

I'm not sure you even understand my views on this fanbase, based on your response to my post. This place is an echo chamber of bitchy, overly opinionated fans, as you'll find pretty much anywhere on the internet. I think the majority of Panther fans still support the team and aren't nearly as invested and angry as the small number of people who post daily on this board. 

Building things takes time. It's always great when success comes earlier than expected, but it's not the norm. 

Adding stadium concerts to Charlotte is a good thing. Adding a professional soccer team is a good thing. I remember how many people didn't want the uptown arena and think about how many great concerts I've been to there, and now it seems like we've finally got a young team to root for. Things take time. More than 1.5 years. If you've got to go, then go.  

I'm just letting you know that fans are exiting, have been for a while, and unless they start winning, will continue to do so, and should.

The only leverage we have is our eyes and our pocketbooks, many have partially shut both, and that will continue.

How long has Tepper owned the team again?  It sure isn't 1.5 years.

Shame, had clean sheet of canvas in front of him when he took over...decided to do a finger painting.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I'm just letting you know that fans are exiting, have been for a while, and unless they start winning, will continue to do so, and should.

The only leverage we have is our eyes and our pocketbooks, many have partially shut both, and that will continue.

How long has Tepper owned the team again?  It sure isn't 1.5 years.

Shame, had clean sheet of canvas in front of him when he took over...decided to do a finger painting.

If you've ever watched a talented painter start an oil painting, it starts out looking a bit like finger painting. It takes time for everything to come together and make sense. But if you've got to leave now, go for it. 

2 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

If you've ever watched a talented painter start an oil painting, it starts out looking a bit like finger painting. It takes time for everything to come together and make sense. But if you've got to leave now, go for it. 

Wait...Dave...is that you?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

All starts at the very tip top.

Since Dave Tepper has purchased this team there has been very little, if any good to come of it.

Once again, another example of "just because you are rich doesn't mean you are smart".

The fans deserved better.  Total disaster from the start.

"Just because you are rich doesn't mean you are smart"

Yeah right.................. 

Market value of Panthers when purchased by Tepper in 2018  2.275 Billion

Current market value of Panthers in 2021  2.910 Billion

in 3.5 years Tepper has seen a 63 million appreciation on his investment........

Now let's look at the "fan" side of investing their loyalty, time and money on this team during that same period.

Panther record through the 1st 7 weeks in 2018   5-2

Panther record through the 1st 7 weeks in 2021   3-4 

Now whose is the smart one.............and who are the suckers?

Edited by PghPanther

Could not have said it better. I am always a glass half full type of guy when it comes to pulling for the team, but the hope I once had is quickly going away. I believe it’s the thought that we could be building something, just to see a 3-0 start quickly turn into a team regressing. This has happened the last three years in a row and it’s getting old. If we start off rough and see a team building something we can get behind it, but it seems like we start the season and get worse week after week until we end up looking at yet another top 10 pick.

3 minutes ago, PghPanther said:

"Just because you are rich doesn't mean you are smart"

Yeah right.................. 

Market value of Panthers when purchased by Tepper in 2018  2.275 Billion

Current market value of Panthers in 2021  2.910 Billion

in two years Tepper has seen a 63 million appreciation on his investment........

Now let's look at the "fan" side of investing their loyalty, time and money on this team during that same period.

Panther record through the 1st 7 weeks in 2018   5-2

Panther record through the 1st 7 weeks in 2021   3-4 

Now whose is the smart one.............and who are the suckers?

Now do it with Google stock.

2.9B would equal about 8.5B.

1 minute ago, Panther'sBigD said:

No, but I did see on twitter yesterday, that Daniel Snyder had high level executives posting talking points on fan message boards, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he's got people on here. 

If so, I hope he is more of a killer of the message rather than the messanger.

He's thoroughly boofed it since he signed the papers.  Shame.

58 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Too bad too, Tepper could have really cemented the fanbase had he done anything correctly after closing on the purchase...instead he has done zero correct, and uncountable things wrongly.

Come on. He put the logo at midfield and took away the NFL shield. He also removed Jerry's statue.🤔

Fans wanted those things. That said, those were softballs that anyone could get right. His decisions when it comes to coaches and GMs leave something to be desired though.