• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want as the next head coach?

Squid Game

1 minute ago, Camp Fodder said:

Rebuild going in the wrong direction

Judging a rebuild by wins and loses is fools gold. Especially with a team this young. You have to give them time to learn to win.

If you can honestly look at the talent on this team and not see the talent, and the chance for improvement. You don't want to.

9 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

Correct. Kind of like this Doug Pederson if anyone has ever heard of him. He only won a Super Bowl for Philly and was then fired three years later. 

Chip Kelly.  Signed a nice 4 year deal with SF.  And then fired.  It happens. 

if it becomes a real poo show the numbers Tepper will care most about is the revenue Carolina brings in and what he projects it out as going forward.  That’s hundreds of millions of dollars he is focused on.  That’s more important than eating 3 or 4 million a year on a fired HC.  Whatever the offset works out to be.  I’m sure Rhule could get a college HC gig pretty quick. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Chip Kelly.  Signed a nice 4 year deal with SF.  And then fired.  It happens. 

if it becomes a real poo show the numbers Tepper will care most about is the revenue Carolina brings in and projects it will be going forward.  That’s hundreds of millions of dollars he is focused on.  That’s more important than eating 3 or 4 million a year on a fired HC.  Whatever the offset works out to be.  I’m sure Rhule could get a college HC gig pretty quick. 

Yup. People somehow forget that Tepper is the richest owner in the NFL. Even though he hasn’t shown that he knows anything about football, he is a multi billionaire. Rhule won’t have a problem paying the remaining of his contract. That’s pennies for him.

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Judging a rebuild by wins and loses is fools gold. Especially with a team this young. You have to give them time to learn to win.

If you can honestly look at the talent on this team and not see the talent, and the chance for improvement. You don't want to.

The problem isn’t the players not knowing how to win. It’s this dumb coach desire to not address the QB and OL positions. Then, him getting schooled by Joe Judge and Nick Siranni. 

5 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

Yup. People somehow forget that Tepper is the richest owner in the NFL. Even though he hasn’t shown that he knows anything about football, he is a multi billionaire. Rhule won’t have a problem paying the remaining of his contract. That’s pennies for him.

Thanks to covid I think Tepper’s year 2 saw almost 100 million less come in.  That’s the stuff he is most focused on.  The big dollars.  

People thinking Rhule is safe for 7 years no matter what because Tepper wouldn’t eat 3 mill a year or whatever on his contract is silly.   If the current trajectory is going to start costing him tens and tens of millions each year….eating some money on a HC is just business. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

The problem isn’t the players not knowing how to win. It’s this dumb coach desire to not address the QB and OL positions. Then, him getting schooled by Joe Judge and Nick Siranni. 

This team was devoid of talent when Rhule got here. He has had 2 offseasons. Give him time. Dang.

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You threaten me with a permaban. How does one respond to that?

I offered you a bet. You ignored it because you know I'd win. You were all about looking back at post history until I actually offered to do it. Hell, I honestly think I'd be doing you a favor. This place isn't healthy for you.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

This team was devoid of talent when Rhule got here. He has had 2 offseasons. Give him time. Dang.

This team has talents now. Didn’t you say that? He refused to address the OL. Picked Horn who I’m a big fan of but over Slater? Took Terrace Marshall over Creed Humphrey. Took a long snapper over Trey Smith. Giving $60 million to Teddy Bridgwater instead of keeping Cam. Sending three picks to NY for Sam. He drafted Chubba because his wife wanted the kid. That’s poor decisions on his part. He has shown that he is very capable of making bad decisions. 

Edited by Squid Game

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

You just can't leave me alone can you. Stalker alert.

Oh no, Hubby pooed a post. However shall we deal with this? lol

And why the heck does it matter so much to you? Cuz I'm the only one you single out. Kinda freaky if you ask me. All the crap that gets thrown around, and it's me you go after. I think that is borderline cute, with some scary azz stalking thrown in.

I think I pooed another post. Better get on that one PDQ. lol

No you’re a stalker always crapping on my posts. Idc I know I’m getting to you, and you can’t come up with a smart response. If that’s all you got nobody is ever going to take you serious. I know I don’t!