• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms: People have caught on to the Panthers offense.

Tbe

4 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...another Jets reclamation project....jesus...

What's there to reclaim when he never even saw the field once? 

I view it as him not being damaged to the point of being David Carr'd by virtue of him holding a clipboard / being on the PS.

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think you are having a different discussion. It's not about making up a new offense. It's about knowing the types of routes that will be run regularly and positioning the defense favorably.

I think it's largely having the talent to execute things properly and whose has the better talent when doing such.  

I mean, the entire time Luke was here he knew the majority of the plays coming at him and positioned our D favorably for it.   NFL is more about talent lining up beating people and executing....than fooling them IMO. 

Opponents are largely going to know what the other is doing.  

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think you are having a different discussion. It's not about making up a new offense. It's about knowing the types of routes that will be run regularly and positioning the defense favorably.

Definitely.   You dont have to reinvent the wheel but you do try to disguise what you're doing and confuse the defense to make mistakes.  Going by multiple db's on other teams saying they knew the routes that were coming, that's obviously not happening.  Whose fault that is is a different question that I think is divided up between a handful of people.