• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam

ladypanther

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean...I can't make you not be a weird Darnold fanboy. Not within my power.

I think he has heart and talent and a burning desire to win.

I think he can be rehabbed still and be somewhere between the 15th and 12th best QB in the league. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've had to redesign our offense into a stall ball offense because of our deficiencies at QB and OL. We've had to basically just ask Sam not to turn it over and hope our running game and defense can deliver the W. It is what it is.

Exactly.  Darnold ain't it and even our coaching staff recognizes that now.  We've had Teddy Bridgewater, Kyle Allen, Taylor Heineke, and Cam Newton on our roster under Rhule.  Not that any of those guys were the long term answer, but I'm not sure Darnold is better than any of them.  PJ being our only backup is pretty bad as well.  Very concerning that we cannot seem to evaluate QBs.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

All drops aren’t created equal. Several of those drops today just aren’t great balls.   The pass to Freeman.   The one to Tremble.  A lot of his drops are asking a lot of the receiver.  And those aren’t even receivers.  Hell, Robby’s wasn’t even a drop.  He got his soul knocked out of him for a minute. 

A lot of "great" qb's have been helped by player making plays.  Our guys need to step up.  Qbs ask of receivers.  It's a thing.  Not excusing Sam's shortcomings but when your oline is giving you sub 2 seconds to make that play and your receivers are not going up to get it (tremble) or not holding on to the ball ( moore) or in the case of Robby showing up everyday then.....

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Our OL is the issue plain and simple. 

Even today. He had times he couldn't step into it or had to let it go early and pray.

You people gave Cam all the slack and benefit of the doubt you could and he had 10 times Sam's natural talent. 

It's very telling from the Prius crew.

What is the "Prius crew"? 😂

Here's the difference. Cam had played at a very high level in the NFL. Literally an MVP level. Darnold has played at a bust level.

What you guys who are trying to spike the ball over this game aren't realizing is that the changes we've made with our offense is waving the white flag on Darnold. We've simply realized the only way we can win is by limiting his ability to hurt us. We're running a pared down backup QB offense.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've had to redesign our offense into a stall ball offense because of our deficiencies at QB and OL. We've had to basically just ask Sam not to turn it over and hope our running game and defense can deliver the W. It is what it is.

A win is a win. If you have to quantify it. You have an agenda.

Sure we won, but I don't like the way we won. How silly is that?

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

This is the NFL. If you get 2 hands on it, which every receiver did today, catch the dang ball.

Now let's see you spin that.

Tremble’s isn’t what you call two hands on the ball.  And if you can’t see why Darnold is doing no favors to his guys on the ball to Freeman….I can’t help you. 

Sam just sucks.  And our entire game plan was our coaching staff confirming that for you.  

and we got people blaming Joe Brady for Sam running dumb and getting smashed now too lol.  That’s Sam.  Sam always plays dumb. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

A win is a win. If you have to quantify it. You have an agenda.

Sure we won, but I don't like the way we won. How silly is that?

Yes, I have an agenda of wanting the Panthers to build a team capable of competing for a SB. Guilty. You have an agenda of wanting to make excuses to high heavens thinking that makes you a "good fan". You've let the historic mediocrity of this franchise change your expectations. I haven't.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What is the "Prius crew"? 😂

Here's the difference. Cam had played at a very high level in the NFL. Literally an MVP level. Darnold has played at a bust level.

What you guys who are trying to spike the ball over this game aren't realizing is that the changes we've made with our offense is waving the white flag on Darnold. We've simply realized the only way we can win is by limiting his ability to hurt us. We're running a pared down backup QB 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tremble’s isn’t what you call two hands on the ball.  And if you can’t see why Darnold is doing no favors to his guys on the ball to Freeman….I can’t help you. 

Sam just sucks.  And our entire game plan was our coaching staff confirming that for you.  

and we got people blaming Joe Brady for Sam running dumb and getting smashed now too lol.  That’s Sam.  Sam always plays dumb. 

Brady threw similar passes today and a pick 6 down 2 to lose to the Saints but I doubt people will be asking him to be replaced. 

• Beer 4

10 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

A lot of "great" qb's have been helped by player making plays.  Our guys need to step up.  Qbs ask of receivers.  It's a thing.  Not excusing Sam's shortcomings but when your oline is giving you sub 2 seconds to make that play and your receivers are not going up to get it (tremble) or not holding on to the ball ( moore) or in the case of Robby showing up everyday then.....

Tremble caught every ball thrown his way but 1.  And that’s not a drop.  And him not pulling that in isn’t something you should be complaining about.  He gave it all he had but the ball was still far out for him.   He is a rookie TE.  

lot of drops aren’t even drops people talk about around here.  Then for some reason we are suppose to ignore Sam’s role in a lot of the drops.   He has been throwing guys into hits all season and giving them hard balls to catch.  Sam is a big part of why we lead the league in drops.   And that has to be said when we talk about drops.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, I have an agenda of wanting the Panthers to build a team capable of competing for a SB. Guilty. You have an agenda of wanting to make excuses to high heavens thinking that makes you a "good fan". You've let the historic mediocrity of this franchise change your expectations. I haven't.

lol Oh I forgot, you are the only one who sees the truth. The rest of us only care about mediocrity.

We won, and some of us are happy about that. Does it change the future? No. But how does whatever it is you are doing change anything?

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Brady threw similar passes today and a pick 6 down 2 to lose to the Saints but I doubt people will be asking him to be replaced. 

You're laughable. You're comparing Sam Darnold and Tom Brady now. You see, you EARN benefit of the doubt. Everyone makes bad reads, bad throws, has bad games. But the good ones do it a lot less than the bad ones. Darnold simply has never played at a level to earn any benefit of the doubt. I really shouldn't have to explain this.