• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers add another USC QB - Barkley

CRA

34 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

Cam at 20% of his old self is still 200x better than PJ and Matt Barkley. It's frustrating because Tepper expects fans to keep investing time and money into the team this season when it's clear they're not giving us the best chance to succeed on the field, mainly due to ego. At this point I'm surprised Rhule couldn't find an old Temple or Baylor QB to poach from somewhere.

I dont think he cares which fans invest in it. We have the WFT, Falcons, and Bucs for our remaining home games. All of them have pretty big fanbases so the games will sell out and be 70% opposing fans. 

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

here's something to ponder....how many QBs did they have to ask before Barkley said yes?

I saw Tony Pike last night at Target and told me he just laughted when he saw the caller ID and didn't pick up.  

• Flames 2

Just now, AceMan said:

On point, @rayzor!!!

A couple early signs point to Carolina being an unfavorable destination for QBs..

if you want to be left alone and collect a check it might be nice.  Apparently Matt Rhule had his first real conversation with Sam Darnold just the other week. 

21 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

“I don’t know why the people don’t hate him like i do!!!”

Cam threads and commentary will stop once the Panthers 1.) start winning, 2.) have a player that makes an impact that was greater than his. 

It’s really that simple. You’re a smart guy, you should know this. You crying about Cam threads is just as redundant as the Cam threads being created. You don’t like them, don’t click and enter them. We know you can’t do that, though. 

You're right. And you lot can't stop replying to me doing it. Like I said ... guess we all wait until he retires.

3 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Exactly why Im glad we passed on Fields

The actual issue was Urban Meyer QBs.   Those are the ones that set a trend.  Consistent trend of those in his offense not working out.  From FL to Ohio St. 

but Fields didn't play for Urban and in his offense.   That's why the narrative was irrelevant. 

Just now, CRA said:

The actual issue was Urban Meyer QBs.   Those are the ones that set a trend.  Consistent trend of those in his offense not working out.  From FL to Ohio St. 

but Fields didn't play for Urban and in his offense.   That's why the narrative was irrelevant. 

I disagree. Me personally, I really don't like QBs from big schools like Alabama, OSU, USC just to name of a few because they have talent at the skill positions. I was on board with us drafting Cam Newton because I saw what he did with Auburn and that 2nd half come back against Alabama.

Fields could be that guy and I could be wrong but I wasn't up in arms and pissed when we didn't take Fields. I know people wanted Fields but I'm in the minority. I didn't want him.

52 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I disagree. Me personally, I really don't like QBs from big schools like Alabama, OSU, USC just to name of a few because they have talent at the skill positions. I was on board with us drafting Cam Newton because I saw what he did with Auburn and that 2nd half come back against Alabama.

Fields could be that guy and I could be wrong but I wasn't up in arms and pissed when we didn't take Fields. I know people wanted Fields but I'm in the minority. I didn't want him.

well, that technically is a different argument IMO than what is suggested by just saying Ohio St QBs.  Given the specific narrative around the guys that played there of late. 

I don't disagree with what you are saying entirely.   Bama is a great example.   The talent disparity between Bama and even other top programs is often big.   

I was down w/ Fields largely because he had Brent Venebles beat twice on the big stage despite only getting one win.    There really are only a handful of games that mean much with the mega programs. 

59 minutes ago, CRA said:

Apparently Matt Rhule had his first real conversation with Sam Darnold just the other week. 

Wonder if that is some college poo...like does Rhule have this mentality like "i don't have to talk to these kids they do what I say and I hold their future in my hands" - oh wait these are professional men.

Hmm

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

Could be. Will take some time to verify but when you watch his offense in college the WRs were often just wide the fug open and even the 'good QBs' he had in college didn't throw it the best even to those wide open WRs a lot of the time. And OFC among the best recruits.

Looks like the OU QBs atm are doing pretty well of late and they were known for producing bust QBs.

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, that tecncially a different argument IMO than what is suggested by saying Ohio St QBs.  Given the specific narrative around the guys that played there of late. 

I don't disagree with what you are saying entirely.   Bama is a great example.   The talent disparity between Bama and even other top programs is often big.   

I was down w/ Fields largely because he had Brent Venebles beat twice on the big stage despite only getting one win.    There really are only a handful of games that mean much with the mega programs. 

I can get behind this reasoning for wanting Fields. 

I know plenty of people are upset that we got Darnold instead. I'm happy that the organization tried to get Stafford. I'm happy that the organization got rid of Teddy. I'm happy that the organization wanted to get Watson. Even though it appears that Darnold was the wrong choice for QB, I'm at least glad that the organization tried to address the problem. They are not twiddling their thumbs. I'm disappointed that they picked up his 5th Year option before he even played a snap. I wouldn't have done that but oh well.

I bet in the off-season they will try to fix the offensive line and I bet they will get a QB too.

Oh. I'm done with Joe Brady.

• Beer 1