• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Real or Fake...

SetfreexX

Matt Rhule is a piece of poo, always has been.

When he left Temple he literally told the media that he’d rather coach at Temple then to “sell his soul” for money… he then bolted to Baylor.

When he left Baylor his players heard about it through the media and he sent out a group wide text…

Dude is a used car salesman and only looks out for himself.

Say what you want about Rivera, at least the guys wanted to play for him… that’s half the battle.

In a perfect world Cam balls out and Tepper realizes that Rhule was a piece of poo all along and cans his ass to get a coach in here that really that wants to work with Cam.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Matt Rhule is a piece of poo, always has been.

When he left Temple he literally told the media that he’d rather coach at Temple then to “sell his soul” for money… he then bolted to Baylor.

When he left Baylor his players heard about it through the media and he sent out a group wide text…

Dude is a used car salesman and only looks out for himself.

Say what you want about Rivera, at least the guys wanted to play for him… that’s half the battle.

In a perfect world Cam balls out and Tepper realizes that Rhule was a piece of poo all along and cans his ass to get a coach in here that really that wants to work with Cam.

Hate to say it but I believe this.

All of this combined with all of his pressers of "I love this player, no way we will cut/trade/bench/change them" Then the next day it's "I had to....". Can't be easy playing for someone you trust and can't be easy to gain respect if you can't be trusted.

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Who TF are the people that are in the text messages? 

Sheena Quick the Charlotte beat reporter and I suppose a personal acquaintance. That's why I wonder if it was real for a screen shot of a text convo to be out there with that kind of information tied to it. 

1 minute ago, Ghettobaron said:

Hate to say it but I believe this.

All of this combined with all of his pressers of "I love this player, no way we will cut/trade/bench/change them" Then the next day it's "I had to....". Can't be easy playing for someone you trust and can't be easy to gain respect if you can't be trusted.

You could maybe say that, but the defense has been playing lights out, and aside from Cam who's a player that he praised then we moved on from that moves the needle? Dan Arnold?

I'm not a fan of his persona, but he seems to know football, and has turned a sieve of a defense around in 1 year and has a guy like Shaq playing to his maximum potential. 

His failings were IMO his ego in thinking that you can ''coach up NFL franchise QB's'' -- You can't you either have a guy with the ability to do so or you don't. Typically those guys are drafted, and not castoffs, or back ups for the past three years. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Sheena Quick the Charlotte beat reporter and I suppose a personal acquaintance. That's why I wonder if it was real for a screen shot of a text convo to be out there with that kind of information tied to it. 

Never heard of her. I mean I guess it’s possible she is credible. 

22 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If Tepper stepped in and overruled Rhule, that doesn't bode well for Matt.

Head Coaches don't tend to last long after they lose the trust of their employers.

As I speculated in other threads, I had no doubt this is exactly what happened...  and I dont blame Tepper.  He has a playoff-caliber defense and ST unit at this point, with two Top 10 WRs and possibly the best RB in the league, and it was all being wasted by Rhule's dumbass vision for QB.  This team is capable of playoffs, and the last 4 weeks we suffered needless losses because the QB wasn't just bad, but possibly the worst QB to ever take snaps over a given number of snaps.  EVER.

Tepper was right to step in and force the move, and as I speculated, it likely was also hastened by the fact that he never wanted to move on from Cam in the first place, but was trying to give Rhule the autonomy to build a winning program with how he saw fit.  But, after wasting his money and time the last 2 years with retreads, and seeing his stadium being overrun by opposing fans, it was either "look, we're bringing in my guy, or you are fired."  And I don't blame him.  Now, if Rhule can't win with a proven winner and guy, who even as a lesser version of his previous self, if potentially a Top 15 QB in the league, then Rhule's fate is probably sealed anyway.

4 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

You could maybe say that, but the defense has been playing lights out, and aside from Cam who's a player that he praised then we moved on from that moves the needle? Dan Arnold?

I'm not a fan of his persona, but he seems to know football, and has turned a sieve of a defense around in 1 year and has a guy like Shaq playing to his maximum potential. 

His failings were IMO his ego in thinking that you can ''coach up NFL franchise QB's'' -- You can't you either have a guy with the ability to do so or you don't. Typically those guys are drafted, and not castoffs, or back ups for the past three years. 

You can know football and be a shitty person, Nick Saban and Dabo Swinney are the poster children for that movie.

The difference is they can get away with taking to young kids like that but grown ass men eventually get tired of it, especially when money is involved.

You can’t treat and coach college players the same way you treat and coach adults.

You can also be the best coach in the world but if your character is shitty then you will lose your team.

We have portions of the team playing well but it’s not amounting to success, that’s on your coach. The team is not together right now… hopefully Cam can help fix that but that is on Rhule.

I don’t coach football but I do coach soccer at a high level and hold a ton of licenses, there’s much more that goes into coaching then just knowing the game. At the end of the day, the X’s and O’s amount to less than 50% of what makes a successful coach. That’s why some people who know the game can’t hack it.

• Poo 2